Is the blu-ray region free?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Nov 2010 20:05:36 GMT
Xiao Zhu says:
I am in Canada, will this play on my blu-ray player?
Region code for DVD is different from that of blu-ray, not sure which the product detail is intended for.

Posted on 1 Dec 2010 08:54:10 GMT
Takucys says:
It is region free, it plays fine on my US blu-ray

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2010 12:42:45 GMT
R. M. Vinci says:
I bought the exact same copy (Double Play - 2 disc Blu-ray + DVD) at Tesco here in UK for 17 with the intent of using it on my US JVC blu-ray player (it plays Region 1 & Region A only). The back of the box clearly states Regions A, B, C as do both of the Blu-ray discs. No designation of coding on the DVD or the Box for the DVD. Neither Blu-ray will play on my American Blu-ray. Neither will the DVD, but I'm not surprised at all by that as Region 1 DVD's are near impossible to find here in the UK. I'm very selective in buying Blu-rays - always look for the specific coding of Region A specified or unless I know a particular studio (Warner Bros, Paramount, etc) that doesn't specify region and is usually region free. This is the first time I've been burned on a Blu-ray here in UK that doesn't play on my player especially when it says Region A, B, C clearly on the box and the disc. Maybe, it's something Disney? Maybe, just bad disc set? Any ideas out there? I guess I'll just take it back to Tesco and see if they'll exchange it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  7 Nov 2010
Latest post:  1 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010]
Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010] by Tom Hanks (DVD - 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (423)