Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360) forum

Is it really that bad?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jun 2011 04:21:38 BDT
SwordSwingin says:
I think the vast majority of people expected a game that wasn't Duke Nukem.. most reviews mostly say the graphics are bad (dont we always say graphics arent everything? especially with a long game with variety), also people say the gameplay is old school and clunky? Erm..like Duke Nukem? it aint COD or GOW or HALO..its Duke Nukem I think people should remember that. I wonder if any of the reviewers played the other games.

Posted on 15 Jun 2011 12:19:26 BDT
Lost says:
Its really that bad. I got it for a fiver from Game on trade in and thats about 4.99 too much. The real killer to the game is the loading times, I am playing on hard and when you die its 45 seconds or so until you can go again. Thats way too long to make it enjoyable, rather than playing for fun I am now just grinding to the end and have absolutely no desire to play it all again once Insane difficulty unlocks. Some bits are amusing, but its just got too much average filler inbetween. The AI is truely abysmal and the whole game becomes shoot something, hide and wait to regen health then shoot something else.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2011 19:52:14 BDT
S. Lornie says:
The game is great fun. Im very much enjoying it. It's very old school. Run forward and shoot as much pigs as possible. Alot of the people complaining are over sensitive wind bags who just can't have fun lol.

Posted on 22 Jun 2011 21:14:58 BDT
I'm really enjoying it. The main bad points you have to live with are -

Load times - I timed it, with an install it's exactly 30 seconds between death and respawning.

Dated graphics...meh they look good enough.

The main one for me - the fact that they've tried to Call of Duty-ise it - 2 weapons, sprint button and the health.

If you can live with those points you will enjoy it alot.

Posted on 23 Sep 2011 13:02:10 BDT
M. Anderson says:
I really want to get it, but only if I can pick it up for a fiver goin by the reviews on Amazon.
Played the demo and yeah they should have given the 10 weapon slots and kept 100/100 hit points. Regenerative health is shoved into every game these days whether it suits it or not.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  15 Jun 2011
Latest post:  23 Sep 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about