Customer Discussions > Playing for Pizza forum

Is it just me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jul 2007 13:57:58 BDT
Is it just me or are John Grisham's shorter books inferior to his standard ones? I love JG & will always buy his books as soon as they come out but Bleachers and Skipping Christmas just weren't up to scratch. I hope the new one due in the autumn bucks this trend.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2007 00:46:11 BDT
i agree compleely. I lover his law based novels and own them all and have yet to finish one of his others -they dont seem to be in the same league!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2007 12:43:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2007 12:44:40 BDT
David Mccrum says:
I actually think that Bleachers was a fantastic book. I've actually re-read it many times. Dependant on your knowledge of american football however it may have been not to your taste. His writing style is always evident in each of the books he writes though so I don't understand how you can like some of them and not others.

I do agree though that his law based books are usually a more enthralling read.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2007 13:31:46 BDT
G. Wright says:
I think like all prolific writers his standard varies.

He seems more comfortable when writing about legal based issues but I personally have enjoyed his other books and I don't know anything about American Football.

Personally I think his first novel "A Time To Kill" was his best. It reminds me in many ways of "To Kill A Mocking Bird" - my all time favourite novel.

I also think his last book "The Innocent Man" was very good; I pulled an All nighter to read it in one hit.

Posted on 1 Nov 2010 11:56:00 GMT
I loved Bleachers and playing for Pizza. I didn't think I would or should, but I did.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Playing for Pizza forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  21 Jul 2007
Latest post:  1 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Playing for Pizza
Playing for Pizza by John Grisham (Paperback - 5 Jun 2008)
2.7 out of 5 stars   (111)