In 1945 the Nazis flew to the Dark Side of the Moon, and established a secret hideout, where they've been preparing for their grand return. The year is 2018, and the Americans return to the Moon in search for powerful energy source, Helium-3. They end up landing too close to the secret Nazi fortress, and although the big Nazi weapon "Götterdämmerung" is not yet ready to be deployed, soon the skies are full of iron, as the Nazi war machines take a pre-emptive move against threat from Earth.
The DICTATOR'S CUT of Iron Sky is an all-new take on the film, following the original vision of the director Timo Vuorensola. This version is 20 minutes longer, loaded with new visual effects, new music from Laibach - and, of course, tons of new, politically incorrect humour.
- 20 minutes of additional footage
- 32-Page concept art book
- The 75 minute Making of Iron Sky
Making of includes:
- The Beginning (Timo Vuorensola tells about the background and the history of the project)
- The Story (Timo Vuorensola, Samuli Torssonen and the script writer Johanna Sinisalo explain the background of the original story of Iron Sky)
- The Characters (Timo Vuorensola explains the backgrounds of the characters with the main actors: Julia Dietze, Christopher Kirby, Götz Otto, Deta Sergeant, Udo Kier, Stephanie Paul. Also footage from early rehearsals from 2010)
- Community and Financing (The producers Tero Kaukomaa, Oliver Damian, and Cathy and Mark Overett explain the financing process. Pekka Ollula tells about the fan community of Iron Sky.
- Costumes and Props (The costume designer Jake Collier and costume supervisor Nina Ruhkala show the making of process of the props and costumes of Iron Sky)
- Shooting Nazis (Timo Vuorensola and cinematographer Mika Orasmaa explain the details of the actual shooting of the Iron Sky. Samuli Torssonen tells about the shoot from VFX point of view and actors explain their experiences acting in a green screen studio.)
- Visual Effects (Samuli Torssonen and the art director Jussi Lehtiniemi tell more about the visual effects of Iron Sky.)
About the Director
Is a lead singer in Finnish black metal industrial noise band Älymystö.
--This text refers to the