Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 September 2013
Facts and opinions - both important I'm sure you'll agree. This author strives to get both wrong at every opportunity he gets. As a Maiden fan for over 25 years I was hoping to glean some intriguing new insights into the band, what I got was a seemingly hastily compiled set of magazine interviews and utterly moronic reviews of the songs and albums I've known and loved for most of my life.

According to the author of this tripe Bruce left after No Prayer for the Dying, which must have been news to the singer of Fear of the Dark, who surely believed he was actually still part of the band.

There is little about Bruce or Adrian leaving, certainly nothing new, just the same old interviews cut and pasted.

My main gripe is the song reviews. I realise this sort of thing is subjective, so I can live with this guy giving Can I Play With Madness 5/5. I can even believe he thought the sound on A Real Live Dead One was "excellent".

What I can't for a moment even conceive is that this guy gives The Angel and the Gambler 2/5 while giving The Clansman 1/5, saying "this is just silly". Silly? How about singing "Don't you think I can save you" a million times? FFS...

Some of the album reviews have introductions, some don't. It's like the author couldn't be arsed to finish his own book.

I stopped reading after reaching this -(90% read according to my Kindle) "A Matter of Life and Death is the fourteenth studio album by English heavy metal band Iron Maiden"

I sighed and went back to the No Prayer for the Dying "review", which started - "No Prayer for the Dying is the eighth studio album by the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden"

Surely the buying customer deserves better than copy and pasted wikipedia articles?

Absolutely atrocious.

Shame on you author!
on 2 May 2013
I have been a Maiden fan for over 25 years and love this book,
the only thing I dont agree with is some of the song ratings!
on 31 July 2014
Maiden fans will love it
on 12 June 2013
This book seems good and I like that it's only £3. However. THERE ARE NO PAGE NUMBERS ON THE KINDLE VERSION. NONE WHATSOEVER. You've had your warning. I know Amazon says there are, but nope. This irks me a great deal as I am using this book for my BA thesis… other than this, doesn't seem too bad at all!