Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Iron Maiden-From Fear To Eternity

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2011 17:54:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2011 17:58:12 BDT
I have been fortunate enough to hear this album pre-release. However, what could have been a great collection including recent Maiden classics has been murdered by the inclusion of the live tracks Man on the edge, The Clansman, Sign of the cross and Fear of the dark.

Was really looking forward to Dickinson performing these tracks and not the crowd. Totally dissappointing. Best off buying the albums and giving this a miss. A golden album in the making completey ruined, by crowd participation. Why do they pay high prices to see a brilliant vocalist and then sing themselves. Seems to defeat the object.

Posted on 25 May 2011 14:58:06 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 31 May 2011 16:21:05 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2011 19:30:50 BDT
As Bruce Dickinson actively encourages crowd participation it would seem rude to attend an Iron Maiden concert and NOT sing yourself. You don't pay just to hear a great band and vocalist - you do that when you buy a studio release - but you go to a concert to be involved. Crowd participation is a BIG part of any Maiden concert. I should know I've been to enough of them going waaaaay back to Somewhere On Tour in 1985!!!

Posted on 25 May 2011 20:44:57 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 31 May 2011 16:21:16 BDT]

Posted on 28 May 2011 11:15:17 BDT
So you're supposed to go to gigs and stand respectfully in silence?

Posted on 4 Jun 2011 22:59:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2011 23:17:43 BDT
Maybe better just to focus on the best tracks from the post 2000 albums and write the 1990s off altogether. Covering the entire 1990-2010 period places the band in a difficult position as they have to acknowledge the presence (or in this case, the absence, of Blaze Bayley). They get around this by including Bruce's live versions of the Blaze songs, I suppose. They tried the same approach on 'Somewhere Back in Time' where Paul Di'anno's original 'Phantom' and 'Wrathchild' were replaced by live Bruce versions. Rather than being content with repackaging (and revising) the back catalogue why can't the band release a full version of Maiden Japan from 1981. Long overdue.

Posted on 5 Aug 2011 17:57:09 BDT
I went to a Maiden concert about 4 days ago and the crowd singing was just incredible and so was bruce- you can still hear him..... but the crowd only sung when he prompted it and the live version of fear of the dark is just incredible.. i should know ive been in the crowd when they do that song itjust makes the song even better so i completely disagree with you saying the live versions ruin the album -_-
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  16 May 2011
Latest post:  5 Aug 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about