on 6 July 2012
Although this is a little pricey for a screen protector, I can say that it is totally worth it. You can tell that it is a tough and (relatively speaking) thick piece of film that will protect your screen from scratches and scrapes without removing from the responsiveness of the HTC's screen. Each screen comes with the protector, an application spray, a lint free cloth and a squeegee for removing bubbles. It can be a little awkward to install since you have to spray your fingertips and both sides of the protector with the solution before applying the protector to the phone. However this ensures a smooth installation on the phone, with the solution preventing both the appearance of fingerprints on the protector and the ability to move/remove the protector on the phone itself without losing the adhesiveness of the protector, something that has happened to me on my previous phone. Once the screen is in place for about 5 minutes it starts to bond to the screen, so you have to move fairly quickly or ensure that you respray the protector before reattaching it. The screen also comes with a 25 year guarantee, meaning the company are very confident in its ability to protect your phone's screen.

Overall good product, worth the investment for something as important and fragile as the touchscreen. 5/5
on 12 July 2012
After ordering the One X, I set about finding a screen protector as although yes it is gorilla glass, glass is still glass and I will scratch it! I have bought Zagg protectors for my previous phone and always found them to be easy to apply if you take the time to follow the instructions and have some patience. Once installed you can tell the screen protector is there, however, it has no effect on the touch screen or display in my opinion. This Zagg screen protector is a very good fit and has a notch taken out for the proximity sensor, which HTC instructs must be uncovered, it covers to the edges of the screen and over the soft buttons leaving maybe 1mm below the soft buttons uncovered (on my phone and placing of the protector).

I toyed with the idea of buying cheaper screen protectors, of which there are many options, however, my previous Zagg protectors have always worked very well and this one appears to be no different. It gets 5 stars because it works very well, is easy to install and comes with everything you need to install it (by the way the spray is excellent and it seems you can never have too much) and it leaves a very good finish that doesn't affect the phone's functioning
on 3 September 2012
This screen protector broke my touch screen.

It appears that the HTC One X has a very sensitive touch screen, and the wet application screen protectors can damage it. After my touchscreen became damaged and unusable, I research the problem, and quite a few people using these screen protectors have reported damaged touchscreens.
on 24 August 2012
I am kinda disappointed with this.
I'd say it was easier to install compared to other similar screen protections, it was easier (but not that easy) to get rid of the bubbles.

however, the texture feels horrible on the finger, I've never felt anything like this on any screen protection I've ever used (phones, Nintendo DS, etc.).
It's not smooth and doesn't feel nice.

Moreover, it says that imperfections are supposed to disappear within 3 days but they're still there.
you can clearly see the protection's texture, specially when the screen is dark and reflecting the light.

that's also something I've never seen with any other (usually cheaper) protections, which are usually invisible, except for the air bubbles.

overall, not sure I'd buy this again.
on 25 January 2013
I have tried a few over the years on various phones, this is by far the best quality. Have had it on my phone for over 5 months and it has taken a few hits, and still looks and feels good. Previous covers struggled with the curved edges of this very underrated phone.
The application kit is essential or you will struggle to get it on so worth the extra.

Only reason I give this a 4 and not a 5 is because it has a strange cut-out at the top which I assume is for removing or something, not that I have ever needed to use it, I would rather it covered the whole screen.
Recommended
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2013
This is the second invisibleSHIELD protector I have used, on different phones I might add. I've tried cheaper ones but they just come off or worse allow the screen to become damaged.

These protectors fit perfectly with no issues at all. Fitted mine to a one x+. Highly recommended.

Previous install on a desire hd was installed and used for a good two years. Looked a bit battered after spending everyday in my pocket with a bunch of keys and a swiss army knife, but did the job. Removed it and the screen looked like I had just taken the phone out of the box.
on 13 March 2013
just because your phone has gorilla glas DOES NOT mean that it cant be scratched these invisible shields are very good easy to fit and you dont get the annoying bubbles or edges that dont stick i have one for all my screen gadgets the only drawback i found was on my kindle because its in a case the iside of the case is a tight pit against the screen when closed and it has made an impression on the invisibleshield so thats something to consider.
on 22 December 2013
I have used Zagg invisibleshield protectors for over five years, four different phones. Having tried several other types when changing phones I always returned back to Zagg. But I am on my second invisibleshield in eight months on my HTC one X.

For some reason the left hand side shrivles up on the left hand size. I am going to have to replace again but this time not with a Zagg invisibleshield, I am afraid.
on 28 August 2012
I had a doubt about purchasing this after some of the reviews,but having splashed out plenty on an HTC one x thought i would risk it.Pleased i did,i actually had no problems fitting the cover,just fit and use according to instructions and i am useless at wallpapering and have encountered problems fitting screen covers to other phones but this no probs.Well pleased and it is invisible.
on 18 August 2012
I had great difficulty removing the protector from it's paper backing. Part of it refused to budge and left tiny bits of paper on the adhesive side of the protector. Despite this I fitted it but it looks a mess and will be speedily replaced as soon as I get an alternative.
A pity since the "wet" application technique is far better than ones that I have used in the past.