The Inverted World by Christopher Priest

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Apr 2012 23:19:14 BDT
Rising Ape says:
Hey fellow fans of SF (probably) and readers of The Inverted World (hopefully) this contains spoilers if you haven't already read it

So I've only just read this book and I really enjoyed it, and I really liked the twist at the end but then I was thinking was it a double bluff? As if the gravitational pull was to do with the Cities perception due to the motors how come when Helward took the local girls back down south their bodies changed-you could argue that this was just Helward's perception of it, but then the girls seemed to see it too as they got worried and thought their husbands wouldn't want them anymore..and if that was because they were also influenced by the generator/motor while they were in the city how come Helward wasn't?
Any thoughts on this?

So then I thought maybe it was a double bluff and Elizabeth and the people back in England just hadn't felt the effects of the gravitational pull yet-but then she didn't see the Sun as he did so.. that idea doesn't hold up well.

Guess this is what makes so many SF books great, makes you think-I mean I personally am now much more distrustful of any unexpected meteor showers and robots and pretty much any authority figure
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  21 Apr 2012
Latest post:  21 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Inverted World: A Novel.
The Inverted World: A Novel. by Christopher. Priest (Hardcover - May 1974)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (54)