on 17 October 2014
I needed a lightweight tripod for a forthcoming adventure to New Zealand, so purchased the professional lightweight tripod with 3 way pan. To say I am delighted with it is an understatement. It isn't often I purchase something that exceeds my expectations, but this did. The item delivered was not Invero brand as advertised, but Konig, which is no problem as it does everything promised. I popped it on the scales and found it to weigh 654g (the box claimed a cautious net weight of 1015g). The build is a nice quality, but I wouldn't expect to get away with abusing it. Stability is fine and perfect for my needs. In low light conditions I would use the camera's self timer to avoid shake, as I would with any tripod. The very handy quick release plate, with standard screw fitting, will now stay on my Canon 350D enabling it to be clicked into place in an instant. The geared elevator looks adequate and worked smoothly, but the integral spirit level is not something I will need to look at. The three way pan and tilt operated smoothly, with the advantage that the handle locked all movement when tightened - it supported and locked my Canon very securely. With the plate elevated to the maximum stable height, it reached 131cm, and the camera would sit above that. I am still trying to fathom how they can supply and post this for under £13. I only have one complaint - there is no facility to give it more than 5 stars as there is a lot of tripod here for such a low cost
This is not a tripod for heavy duty location work in unfriendly conditions. One would hardly expect it to be given the weight and price. Nonetheless, it is a most worthwhile buy. It is versatile, operates effectively at a good range of heights and angles and holds my Canon 550D (Rebel) securely. That it packs up into a small easily carried accessory is another plus. I have had it in regular use for some months now and its sturdiness and reliability are not in doubt.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2014
This is a brilliant Tripod. I use it with my canon eos.
Although the Tripod is light it is very well made.
Sturdy, easy to set up as it even has a bubble level.
It arrived very promptly and well packaged.
I would recommend this to anyone.
on 3 December 2014
The tripod was great in terms of being lightweight and compact for travelling, but we ended up having to invest the extra money that we should have done in the first place and replace it with a sturdier one, on our holiday. It doesn't come up very high and when using it for long exposures, it was too flimsy to withstand the smallest amount of wind, leading to a lot of image blur.
on 4 December 2014
Have given it a rigorous trip to the moors yet, but it appears sturdy and up to the job. Deliver promptly.
on 24 March 2016
The product is weightless, convenient. But my biggest disappointment while setting the camera some useless piece of metal scratched my camera. After I saw a damage I disassembled mount and remove it. My question to manufacturer: Why they put that piece of metal ?
review image review image
on 11 August 2014
Light, sturdy emough for a decent sized SLR and at a price point that means you can treat it as an affordable travel item even if you have a more 'pro' tripod for general use.
on 28 December 2014
Very impressive tripod, easy to use and light weight has the detailed in description. Also great turn round and deliver time too. Thanks
on 1 May 2014
Arrived just in time for the wedding I was filming, very lightweight so was easy to carry around all day, easy to use perfect!
on 18 January 2015
Cheap, Light and works, that's all i need with a tripod, i used it to take a great star time-lapse on my canon 60D. the only problem i had is there is a bit on the bottom of the quick release part with a little pin which scratched the bottom of my camera i found putting a bit of cardboard in-between the camera and the pin helped it not scratch the bottom of my camera.