on 8 May 2001
I have followed England home and away for some years now and do not consider myself to be a hooligan, but it seems that wearing an England shirt instantly makes you one in the eyes of many of the people you encounter on your travels. This book is an excellent account of following England based on fact (speaking from my own experiences) Nice to read an honest and amusing account of following England and not the hype and hysteria the media produces. Enjoyable and I would recomend it to anyone,England supporter or not.
on 16 June 2001
Although I didn't go to Euro 2000, I've been to a few England matches and thoroughly enjoyed this account of England's Euro 2000 campaign. What was told in the book is often similar to what people I know told me of their trip to Euro 2000, and it's this that is far more accurate than the distorted version of events protrayed in the media. The book is amusing throughout, with plenty of interesing thoughts and comments about following England, amongst other things. Hopefully there'll be another book by these two lads about next year's World Cup in Japan & South Korea. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone.
on 19 December 2000
This book captures perfectly what it was like to be an English fan at Euro 2000. Admittedly, I thought this was going to be a hooligan book, but the two authors (cousins from different ends of the country) are just typical football fans one of whom gets deported despite doing nothing wrong. This book should make the FA and Tony Blair open their eyes to how ordinary Englishmen can be treated worse than animals because everyone believes they are hooligans. Really down to earth, but still very well crafted. Recommended for sure.
on 11 March 2004
I am sorry but who cares about a bunch of one dimesional losers getting persecuted abroad. The bottom line if you dress like a Millwall fan and have a skin head haircut and go to a foreign country you are asking for trouble . Gee writing about football experiences abroad, how original. The only thing original about this simplistic book it is written by so-called real fans/hooligans. A tip for the chump authors the next time you make fools of yourself abroad, blend in. Do not hang around in crowds, keep to yourself and embrace the hosts culture.