What is education? This core textbook will help students in pursuit of this question by providing a comprehensive, gentle and reflective introduction to the initial study of education. Updated in line with the latest policies, reforms and issues within education, this third edition includes:
- full exploration of the historical, sociological, philosophical and psychological roots of education
- a focus on all levels of education – pre-school, primary, secondary, post-16 and lifelong learning
- the latest controversies and debates within education
- new material on compulsory education, special educational needs and post-16 developments
- clear insights into the role and background of research within education.