Format: PaperbackChange

on 11 January 2003
I have found this book invaluable for my studies on the Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies. It is very easily understood with plenty of diagrams and pictures to break up the text.
It has been especially useful for detailed information on the major child development theorists such as Piaget, Bruner and Skinner etc.
I would recommend this book to anyone who needs to study theorists but is finding it all rather baffling. This book makes it all a lot clearer with just about the right amount of depth.
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2010
This book is a 'must have' for all students who are starting to discover psychology. Buy it if you are just embarking on this path.It covers lots of useful child psychology topics which you will start learning in the early stages of your course.
on 9 April 2013
I choose this book, because I am currently studying a Fda in Children and Young Person. This book was recommended by my tutor. I purchased two of these books for my college, this from World Books who were very courteous, and offered to send me a replacement of this book ASAP, free of charge when the original went astray.

The books are in immaculate conditions for their age, and just what the description stated. I am very pleased with the order and the kind assistance that was given to me by World Books. I would recommend this service, and product to my friends.

These books are worth the price, plus the P&P.
on 3 January 2013
The books arrived in good time and in very good condition. The subject is dealt with from the aspect of child psychology - something that seems to get neglected in child development lessons/curriculums, generally. The book is quite dry, however, and is aimed at a higher age group and level than I was hoping for.
on 24 January 2013
I am doing a degree course in Early Education and Care and one of the modules is psychology. This book is an excellent source for all information relating to all areas of child development.
on 18 October 2013
Brilliant for using while being at College studying HNC Additional Support Needs. Definitely recommend it to anyone studying this topic.
on 8 September 2011
I would say this book is quite usefull. Quite funny to read and interesting bits and information in. It's very good.
on 6 June 2013
Great book. I am very happy with the product. It's a must ion your bookshelf if you are interested in the topic.
on 17 May 2001
A most comprehensive book, covering the main child theorist. An exelent starter book for child phycology, cover cognitive development, moral and social behaviour. Perfect reference material, including behaviorists.
0Comment26 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2015
I had an old version of this book,the newer version is great and more detailed it is just a shame it was not my reading list for my course,but im still using it
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse