Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
The Second Edition of An Introduction to Child Development has been fully updated to provide a comprehensive survey of the main areas of child development, from infancy through to adolescence.
Equipping students with an appreciation of critical issues in the field and an understanding of empirical research that bears on the study of children, the text provides balanced coverage of topics and theoretical perspectives that represent both classic and cutting edge work in child development.
In terms of new content, it now covers more on the biological foundations of development, plus new chapters on moral development and applied developmental psychology.
The Second Edition includes the following features:
- learning points
- section & chapter summaries,
- end-of-chapter glossaries
- suggestions for further reading
- sample multiple choice questions
- sidebars featuring in depth discussions of key research findings or points of debate within the field of child development.
The text comes with a dedicated website with resources for both students and instructors.