From the Back Cover
Modular Texts in Business and Economics
is a series of textbooks designed to meet the needs of today’s hard-pressed students and lecturers. Each book offers a lively, accessible and authoritative introduction to a core subject taught on business and management degree courses.
Reviews of the second edition of Introducing Human Resource Management:
"Foot and Hook is very suitable for foundation level HRM studies, and, because of the refreshing, uncomplicated style and approach, it inspires students to go beyond the foundation level."
Richard Pullen, Middlesex University Business School
"Foot and Hook use business cases to reinforce learning points and offer excellent review questions at the end of each chapter . . . . The entire text is fully referenced with a suggested further-reading list and extremely useful website addresses."
Richard Underwood, Times Higher Education Supplement
Introducing Human Resource Management, now in its third edition, offers accessible and student-friendly coverage of the central ideas of this important subject. Using an innovative and broad range of features, activities and questions, it encourages students to assess their own understanding as they progress. Practical exercises and case studies enable students to apply concepts to work environments.
- Features of the new edition:
- Fully up-to-date coverage of the latest HRM developments, including employment law, competency frameworks, balanced score cards, strategic HRM and the application of HR practices in the workplace.
- New chapter on International HRM reflecting the growing importance of this field.
- Extensive sources for the latest information (including Internet references) to promote wider reading and research skills.
- Provoking ‘Pause for Thought’ questions which encourage the reader to adopt a thinking approach to the subject.
- ‘Did You Know’ boxes providing memorable nuggets of information.
- Learning objectives for each chapter highlighting the most important issues, and self-check questions at chapter ends testing what has been learned.
- Activities throughout chapters and review questions which provide readers with regular opportunities to put theory into practice.
- Strong supporting supplements package comprising a companion website with a lecturer’s manual including multiple choice questions, role play scenarios, case studies and PowerPoint slides.
- The book is suitable for all students taking a first course in human resource or personnel management either as part of a business degree or as a module on other degree programmes. It can be used on undergraduate, HND/C or post-experience courses. It is also suitable for professional and CIPD courses, and is ideal for distance learning courses.
Margaret Foot and Caroline Hook have extensive work experience in the field of HRM. They are both Senior Lecturers in Human Resource Management at Huddersfield University Business School and are founding members of the CIPD Huddersfield Geographical Group.
About the Author
Margaret Foot and Caroline Hook have extensive work experience in the field of HRM. They have both been Senior Lecturers in Human Resource Management at Huddersfield University Business School and were founding members of the CIPD Huddersfield group.
--This text refers to an alternate