A complete update to the popular Autodesk Official Training Guide for Maya
Maya is the industry-leading 3D animation and effects software used in movies, visual effects, games, cartoons, and other animation. This bestselling, official guide is a must for 3D beginners who want a thorough grounding in this dynamic and complex software. Fully updated for the newest version of Maya, the book explains the interface and the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, dynamics, visualization, and visual effects. Fun and challenging tutorials lead you through the nuances of the software and offer plenty of chances to practice what you've learned.
- The Autodesk Official Training Guide for Maya, endorsed and promoted by Autodesk to its 2,500 Authorized Training Centers worldwide
- Maya is the 3D animation and effects software used in the film, game, and advertising industries; it's a complex program and this book gives beginners the knowledge and confidence they need
- Shows how to master the interface and the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, and visual effects
- Step-by-step tutorials offer realistic, professional challenges for those new to 3D and those switching from another 3D application
- Materials are available for instructors who want to use this guide with their students
Introducing Autodesk Maya is the perfect guide to get you up and running on the world's most popular professional 3D application.
From the Back Cover
ENTER A NEW DIMENSION WITH MAYA 2013 Autodesk Maya is a top choice for 3D professionals creating the stunning characters and visual effects you see in today′s films, games, cartoons, and commercials. Now you can learn to build and animate your own digital models and scenes, and begin developing professional–level skills, with Introducing Autodesk Maya 2013. The new edition of this perennial favorite and bestseller is the perfect primer on 3D and Maya. Beginning with the basics, the book builds from the ground up, combining straightforward text with fun and practical examples that make it easy to learn Maya′s core tools. Follow clear, step–by–step lessons while you learn by doing, using project files downloadable from the web. The book includes a full–color insert with striking examples from talented new Maya users to inspire you. Learn CG and 3D core concepts and production workflows Get a fast but thorough lesson on the Maya 2013 user interface Build a simple animation of the planets in the solar system, right away Explore the basics of NURBS, polygons, and subdivision surfaces modeling Create an alien hand, a steam locomotive, a toy wagon, and more Rig for animation and get the most out of Maya′s powerful Graph Editor tool Master HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, dynamics, visualization, and effects Use reference pictures to model objects more accurately Learn how to apply and adjust textures and materials