on 6 April 2014
This book was recommended to me as part of my training and I love it. It explains all the theoretical concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner, yet still makes you feel like the author hasn't scrimped on important information. I also love how the author points the reader to further sources of reading if you want to know more about X, Y, Z.

Its a great little book and has given me a greater understanding of, and respect for the practice of psychoanalytic therapy. I would recommend it to novices and experts alike. If you are someone who simply has a mere interest in what the heck psychoanalysis is all about and do not need to know the ins and outs of the theory, then I would recommend: "Susan Howard, Psychodynamic Counselling in a Nutshell".
on 30 March 2011
This book is a must for anyone studying psychotherapy. The clearly explained concepts and links with a range of authors makes this my book of the year. I have found it incredibly helpful and am really pleased I bought it.
on 3 November 2015
This is a clear, unambiguous and apparently honest text which has helped to dispel some preconceptions and re-afirm my decision to train as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist. It is refreshing to find a slightly irreverent approach to a field which is often accused of thinking too highly of itself to acknowledge alternative approaches. Thanks
on 13 August 2013
A really good introduction and a great insight to psychoanalysis. I came away with some good understanding and a new respect for the Therapist
on 16 January 2015
A brilliant book when covering Object Remations theory. A must buy for students.
on 29 April 2012
Like me you've probably been searching for an introductory text that is clear, informed, up to date and well structured.

Well this is it. It really is superb. Buy it it's that simple.