"Highly recommended for libraries or international studies degreeprograms supporting lower–level undergraduates throughfaculty/researchers." ( CHOICE
, August 2010)
From the Back Cover
The International Studies Encyclopedia
and its onlineversion, International Studies Online
, published inassociation with the International Studies Association (ISA) willbe the most comprehensive reference work of its kind for the fieldsof international studies and international relations. Published in15 volumes arranged A–Z, this ground breaking project bringstogether specially commissioned, peer reviewed essays written andedited by an international team of the world′s best scholars andteachers.
- Over 500 peer reviewed essays of up to 10,000 words focusing onthe most important topics and issues
- Aimed at students, scholars, and practitioners, the essays aredesigned to allow readers to be brought quickly up–to–date on thenature of the questions asked, past attempts at formulatingresponses, and the current state of debates
- Comprehensive coverage of the field
- Extensive bibliography and index volumes
- International Studies Online will be updated twice annually andwill be enhanced by live links to archives, datasets, cases,pedagogical aids, and other relevant materials
The project is organized primarily around the 23 differentsections representing areas of specialization within the ISA. Eachspecialized section organized a committee to identify key topicsand identify authors. The project is being overseen by an editorialboard comprising 28 past and present Presidents of ISA.