Get the Inside Track to Academic Research, Writing & Referencing !
Become a better academic writer and communicate your research and ideas fluently and successfully whatever your discipline, prior knowledge or level.Academic Research, Writing & Referencing
will provide you with practical guidance and tips on searching for literature and referencing your sources in a scholarly manner, helping you to avoid plagiarism and to produce successful academic writing assignments whatever your course of study. With the in-depth understanding of the practice of integrating and referencing academic sources and research into your writing that this book delivers, you will be better prepared to deal with and succeed in - the full range of writing tasks that will be expected of you over the course of your academic studies and on into your chosen career.
Get the inside track on :
· Why should you reference?
· Searching for, selecting, and evaluating sources for academic assignments
· How to credit others
· Crediting sources and avoiding plagiarism
· Integrating research by quoting, summarising and paraphrasing
· How to construct an argument based on research
· Referencing styles: the Harvard style, the MLA style, the Legal Referencing System
· Tips on academic argumentation.
Visit www.smartstudyskills.com to access a wealth of useful information, tips, templates and interactive activities to support your studies
About the Author
Dr Mary Deane specialises in helping students at all levels to develop their academic writing skills. Her many years of teaching academic writing has included the development of online referencing resources, and she was presented with a Teaching Excellence Award in 2008 for her work with staff and student writers.