- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Taunton Press Inc (26 Aug. 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1561582964
- ISBN-13: 978-1561582969
- Product Dimensions: 21.7 x 1.2 x 27.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,180,685 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Ingenious Jigs and Shop Accessories: Clever Ideas for Improving Your Shop and Tools (Essentials of Woodworking) Paperback – 26 Aug 1999
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
However, in this new book from The Taunton Press we are finally treated to a selection of jigs and accessories that will undoubtedly be useful over and over again. The authors of the jigs presented are all experienced woodworkers who clearly gave some thought to the longevity and usefulness of these accessories.
The first chapter discusses materials used to build jigs including various plastics. Chap 2 shows benches and bench fixtures. The rest of the chapters are divided according to the type of tool the jigs or accessories are designed to work with, routers, tablesaws, etc. There is also an overview of some commercially available router tables.
Some of the jigs are a bit complex, but even if you don't build exactly what is shown, the ideas for expanding the usefulness of a particular tool are really innovative and should get your own creative juices flowing! It would be a rare woodworker who wouldn't find at least several useful ideas in this book.
It would be nice if tool designers gave more thought to how we woodworkers use their tools and incorporated more versatility directly into their tools, but until then, this book offers an overview of well designed jigs and accessories to fill the gap.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Carpentry & Woodwork > Tools
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Woodworking > Tools
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering