Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 December 2013
Planning on doing the course and this was recommended reading before hand. Having implemented a full ISM system at work i wanted to be sure i knew what i was talking about. Good book for those in the profession.
on 10 September 2014
Excellent book - got me through the 'Certificate in Information Security Management Principles' exam (with a Distinction) 1st time, having read it just three times. To be fair, I had worked in a related field for 3 years and, as any student should, read around the subject using 2 or 3 other text books. However, the statement stands, that it very much does what it says on the tin in a fairly engaging way for a relatively dry subject!
on 24 July 2014
This book is a very good introduction to information security. It would be very useful for anyone who wants to learn the basic about the topic. I recommend it highly for non-information security managers.
on 18 March 2016
The book alone will NOT get you past the exam unless you have been working on the field for a while. Use other sources such as MTA Security Fundamentals (PluralSight, Microsoft Virtual Academy, CBT Nuggets) or Security + material to compliment the study. A lot of the material covered in the exam is nowhere to be found in the book.In fairness, the author has admitted it would cover an entire book to cover some topics. Remember, authors rarely (if at any time) write exams.
It is an excellent book though, appropriate size and very well written.
on 24 September 2015
I bought this book because I wanted to prepare the related certification. However, when I attended this exam, I realized the book was only a partial coverage. In my opinion, the book is not sufficient to sit the exam. It lacks technical knowledge. The exam will expect you to know a higher level of details. Only use this book to find what you need to research further for the exam. Do not use it as your only source of study.

Nice reading but not a good exam preparation.
on 24 May 2016
So I passed the exam by only using the book as study material. I did not attend the course or use any other exam preparation and read it cover to cover twice.

However, I have hands on Info sec experience and other certifications under my belt. I decided to take this exam as I thought it would be straightforward (and it was) but I was surprised by how many questions came up which WERE NOT INCLUDED IN THE BOOK.

I had 10+ years of IT Infrastructure experience before switching over to Information Security. In my opinion, if you are new to the subject the book itself will not be enough to pass the exam. Its a good reference guide to point you in the direction of topics...not a deep dive

As others have suggested, you should use other sources to pass and ideally attend the course.
on 30 April 2014
To the point and uses a great example throughout the book to explain and show how Info Sec Principles (ISO 27001) can and should be applied. Perfect book/size.
on 10 August 2015
Good book.
I couldn't afford the £1300 to £1800 for the CISMP courses available, so bought this book instead.
Common sense, note taking, reading between the lines, using the example examples as examples of the type of question to be faced, all helped me pass the exam.
The book is an interesting and comprehensive read and the book certainly helped me gain my CISMP.
on 17 February 2015
Yup, has the correct number of pages all in the right order. Content flows well, easy read good examples. Have to wonder if printed version would be easier to dip into when necessary
on 7 February 2015
Covered all the parts necessary and didn't go into too much detail. There could have been more sample questions though, for those going for the CISMP