Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Mar 2012 17:50:35 GMT
Lucy says:
When first looking at this boxset, I was truly excited. At last, a box set of the Harry Potter films I love so much that was actually worth buying.

Then I read all of the reviews on the American sister site for Amazon.co.uk.

I strongly suggest anybody even considering buying the boxset should head over to read Potter fan's critisms of Warner Brothers trying to wring every penny out of them by releasing another (incomplete!) boxset every 6 months.

Make a stand and demand ALL extended editions of this film without these nonsensical 'Ultraviolet' digital copies, and the choice to buy EITHER Blu-ray or DVD (rather than being forced to buy both, when most fans own the DVDs already!) and to adjust the price accordingly.

In the end, it looks like a pretty box but is it really worth all that money?

Posted on 22 Mar 2012 23:18:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Mar 2012 23:21:15 GMT
Hazel says:
I agree. And why are all the really cool extras only available on Blu-ray, and not on DVD? I don't own a Blu-ray player and it doesn't look like, I will anytime soon.
(I have to admire their sales techniques though. This box looks absolutely lovely.)

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 13:41:20 GMT
Who said the new extras wil only be on DVD, or did I miss anything? And besides, does anyone know when they are going to release the ultimate editions for Deathly hallows, or do I have to waste my money on this junk for that? And why the hell don't they just release all the extended editions?

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 17:23:35 GMT
Halane says:
Well, since I noticed long ago that they were doing editions constantly, I decided not to buy any of the films and wait until they were all out and they sold a very special edition. I love this one, I really think it is the one I was waiting for... The box is lovely, it includes everything, and they have notified the release long time before so that I can get the money. I will try to buy it.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 15:42:45 BDT
M. Freeman says:
Just wondering, are there definitely extended versions of films 3-8 in existence? I know they aren't in this set at least. People have mentioned them but I haven't seen any evidence of how long they are etc. If there are extended versions for them then I definitely won't be buying this set but it seems VERY strange that they would release a set that looks like this over a year after the last movie and still not include extended editions if they exist.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 15:46:06 BDT
They haven't been released officically, but I bet you anything Warner Bros has them. How else do you explain the numerous deleted scenes of movies 3-8 on the bonus DVDs? They just don't like to release everything what they have, they prefer keeping people dangling for a while. I e-miled them to ask when they were going to release the complete soundtracks of all the movies: there is definitely enough evidence to suggest that these albums exist, but do you think WB cooperates? No, of course not: they'll wait five years or more and then release them. And by the way, who would want to buy DVD and Blu Rays of those movies at the same time? that's so stupid! Unless they tell me about the exiting never-seen-before bonus material, I won't buy this set.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 16:01:57 BDT
M. Freeman says:
I don't mind the DVD versions so much, granted it's a fault of the set but not a terrible one for me - considering the overall price I'd imagine that the DVD versions make up a very small percentage of it. The failure to include extended editions is definitely a nail in the coffin for me though, because it seems so likely that they will be released in the future and paying 194.99 for an incomplete set is just lunacy.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 16:11:18 BDT
M. Freeman says:
UPDATE: There are extended editions of ALL EIGHT movies, they're even shown on the 'ABC family' channel in America, so they're hardly a well kept secret! Apparently somewhere there is over 45 minutes of extra footage for Order of the Phoenix, considering that it was the longest book and shortest movie I can only imagine that it's footage which would help tremendously. God knows why they would release such a beautiful looking, extravagant and very expensive set and then miss out important things like that. Suddenly the US Amazon complaints make so much sense.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 16:12:44 BDT
Wow, hang on a moment, you really mean to say they exist? When do they broadcast them?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2012 17:23:18 BDT
A. H. Cross says:
you can fit so much more data on a blu-ray disc than you can with a regular DVD. That's why there are always more extras on Blu-Ray

Posted on 27 Mar 2012 17:41:43 BDT
are the extended cut on blu ray or only on dvd. As the case is with the ultimate edition

Posted on 28 Mar 2012 01:23:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Mar 2012 01:24:10 BDT
Hazel says:
Extended editions of all movies? That's a boxed set worth waiting for!! Did I say 'wait'? Actually, I want them NOW! ;o)

@T.H. Cross: Thanks for the explanation. One of the reasons I am 'complaining' about this, is because I would love to watch the complete conversation between J.K. Rowling and Dan Radcliffe, which is supposed to be on the Deathly Hallows Blu-ray, but not on the DVD. To me, it sometimes seems like they put the really interesting extra stuff on Blu-ray only.
@Vincent Fernandes: I hope this explain my earlier remark.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 22:01:06 BDT
I didn't mean that, I just wanted to know if the new extras will alsy be available on DVD, because I don't have a blu-ray player.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 09:04:47 BDT
also like to know what is the box made from. is it a cheap card product, leather bound or what

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 21:34:20 BDT
RRP says:
There are no extended editions of any but the first 2 films. The only director who did any so-called extended editions is Chris Columbus. What some people have seen on TV (at least in the U.S.) are the movies that have been artificially lengthened by adding the deleted scenes back in. There is no footage that you have not seen before in these shows produced for Television.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 23:23:44 BDT
Honest joe1 says:
RRP is correct in saying that only the first two movies have proper extended cuts(where the director has re edited the film with unseen footage) the other films could be extended but i doubt that the actual directors would have done this recently so any "extended" editions would be the original s spliced with deleted scenes which we have most likley seen on the dvd/blu rays before.There might be a 3D set out in the future but any extended films from 3 onwards would most likley be done this way, which would only marginly make a diffrence to the film.The best extended versions of films in my opinion are the 3 Lord of the Rings Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven alll of these are true extended cuts both adding new plot points and extending others and in the case of kingdom of heaven greatly improving the film.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 11:58:11 BDT
There is no extended editions of films 3 to 8 as the directors didn't make them unlike Chris Columbus who made an extended edition of movies 1 & 2.
I hope this helps & I don't know why all these people think there is such a thing as extended editions for movies 3 to 8.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 12:22:55 BDT
M. Freeman says:
I made that mistake myself. It's because on american TV they showed extended versions but what I didn't realise when I posted earlier on is that they just added the deleted scenes in that you get on the discs anyway.

Posted on 10 Sep 2012 15:14:05 BDT
Terry says:
Why is Amazon adding old posts from other editions to the Wizard Collection thread?
The Wizard Collection was just released. How can there be posts from March 2012 when nobody had it back then? Amazon, please keep posts about the various editions separate instead of merging all of them together!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 15:57:28 BDT
M. Freeman says:
Eh? I commented in March and that comment was definitely on the Wizard's Collection, not an older edition.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2012 21:22:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Sep 2012 21:28:52 BDT
Terry says:
Not yours Freeman. There are older posts mixed in here that were posted before anyone knew what was to be included in the Wizards Collection. I just received mine and I'm in the process of going through it.

Posted on 11 Sep 2012 21:22:30 BDT
Are the extended versions of the first and second films on BluRay, or only on DVD like the UK version of the Ultimate Edition release (the US version had the extended version of film one on BluRay, but that would have been the Sorcerer's Stone variant of course). For me, the more on BluRay the better!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2012 18:37:38 BDT
Terry says:
The BluRay discs of the first two films have the extended versions. The standard DVD's discs are marked "Theatrical Version."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  22 Mar 2012
Latest post:  12 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Box Set (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Box Set (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free] by Daniel Radcliffe (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (222)