- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Vintage; New Ed edition (3 Nov. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1740513312
- ISBN-13: 978-1740513319
- ASIN: 0099466082
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.2 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 441,748 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
In Tasmania: Adventures at the End of the World Paperback – 3 Nov 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
"The narrative is part Peter Carey, part Gothic novel, with plenty of drunkeness, torture,villainy and cannibalism to be aghast at. A fine travel book too" (Evening Standard)
"A fabulous read" (Vogue)
"An excellent portrait of aunique island" (Sunday Telegraph)
"Shakespeare excels at providing psychological insights. An intimate and revealing work only a truly gifted writer could have produced" (Independent)
'A beautiful affectionate portrait' Sunday TimesSee all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The paperback version is ill-served by the reproduction of the illustrations and the publishers should be ashamed to issue such poor examples. If those in the hard cover version are equally as bad I think N. Shakespeare should sue.
Nevertheless I recommend this book as a thoroughly good and very informative read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having visited Tasmania a few years ago and stayed with residents there I had some knowledge of this most extraordinary island (which I would urge anyone to visit if they are in... Read morePublished 4 months ago by hiljean
Great but such small print - a very slow read with a magnifying glass so I shall have to get it on my Kindle for the plane journey.Published 8 months ago by Rose B
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Australasia & Pacific > Australasia > Australia
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Australasia & Pacific > Australasia > New Zealand
- Books > Humour
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Australia & New Zealand > Australia
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Australia & New Zealand > New Zealand
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing