Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.24

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 December 2012
I have not read 50 Shades of Bared to you, so I can't compare this book to them but reading some of the reviews, apparently it is very similar.

I didn't mind paying just under £2 to read it and I like the authors style of writing. I can't say James did it for me...I'm not sure he is a proper Dom, he seemed a bit too soppy to be a controlling Dom.

I felt what happened near the end was a bit rushed. What I am annoyed about is the second book is nearly £5. I didn't like this book enough to pay that for the second installment. Goodness knows how much the third installment will be when it is released, but I'm sure this whole story could have been told in one book yet it now seems the norm (I blame 50 shades) to tell a story over a trilogy of books. I feel like these authors are taking the 'p' just a little bit. Especially with the pricing.

I would recommend this book, I liked it, I just didn't love it. I will keep an eye on the pricing of the second and third book and will read them if they are priced under £2.
on 24 November 2012
I bought this book because it is a genre I enjoy and it got loads of really good ratings and reviews on amazon.com.

So I was really looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately I did not resonate with the Dominant Billionaire James or the Virginal Bianca at all and found the writing style clumsy and unbelievable.

I'm finding it hard to finish this book. I mean I'm at 70% but I've started having to force myself to keep on reading from about 33% into the book.

James Cavendish reads more like a female than a male, the way he talks about and expresses his feelings ALL THE TIME. Not really how 'normal' men behave, let alone a Dominant male.

I just don't find James Cavendish a credible Dominant. He might be an attractive Billionaire and like BDSM-play, but he sometimes just don't seem in control enough of his emotions for a Dom. He sometimes even seem desperate and needy.
Then there is Bianca whom did not make a credible/believable Virgin imo. She just did not seem vulnerable or innocent enough for even a 23 year old Virgin.

Bianca and her best friend Stephen are both flight attendants. They have been friends since they were 14 year old runaways kids. They have been inseparable since then. Taking care of and protecting one another. I adore Stephan and just barely like Bianca.

The story is a good but definitely not original idea and the characters was just not well enough developed.

At this stage I'm finding it hard not to smirk and roll my eyes at the characters. I'm going to try to finish reading this book. But really, there are just too many good books out there waiting to be read. I'm not sure this book is worth wasting more time on.

I will most definitely NOT be reading the last two books in this Trilogy!
on 14 October 2014
First read January 2013, re-read October 2014.

Since I couldnt decide what new book to read and also with the upcoming release of Mr Beautiful I thought I'd remind myself of the insanely-alpha-possessive hero that is James Cavendish. Sigh.

For some reason I didnt review this book the first time, probably because I was too eager to to get into the second book after the turn of events at the end.....yep...I bit of a cliffy! Even though I have read all three books and so know the outcome, I'm still just as eager, and even edgy, wanting to read the rest as quickly as possible to re-assure myself that all will be well.

This book is everything I love in an erotic romance. A tall, hot, sexy, beautiful, possessive, alpha male who takes what he wants. The heroine, Bianca is a strong woman who has probably more demons than James. She's younger than him and much less experienced, but this didnt bother me. I know there are alot of heroines out there like that, but for me there was more to the story than this, so I liked that element - it just seemed right.

After meeting on a flight to/from New York, James is rather up front and wants to proposition Bianca, something she is very reluctant to even discuss, but with some careful planning on James and Stephan's (her bestest-best-friend) part they eventually see each other again. Bianca, bless her, does her best to put James off - getting drunk and embarssing herself, but of course it doesnt work and the two inevitably end up in a no-strings-attached-no-public-dates relationship. This quickly changes for James at least, when he decides he wants more from her and finds it infuriating when she seems blase about the whole arrangement. Reading from her POV though, it's clear that is not the case. She is falling fast and is understandably worried about James's past conquests, his vast experience and certainly his wealth.

The ending, like i said, is a cliffy, with Bianca's past catching up with her and James's ex being thrown into the mix doesnt help things at all.

Definitely a 4.5 stars, rounded to 5!
on 29 July 2013
Honestly, can there be too many book about rich, sexy, kinky and hot as heck billionaires? No? Oh how right you are. I am so in love with the Up in the Air series. I will say this right now... Christian Grey will also hold a place in my heart. The Fifty Shades series was the first set of books of it's kind that I had read, for that he will also be a top book boyfriend of mine. But holy hades... James Cavendish sure does give him a run for his money. He is absolutely a-ma-zing.

"I want you to feel what I'm feeling, Bianca. I want you to feel this uncontrollable need. I can't stand the thought that you're indifferent to me."

Bianca. I actually really like Bianca. This is truly saying something for me. I love these types of books but the heroine always finds a way for me to dislike them. They are all the same... Ana, Ava, Eva... I had problems with them all. Now I am not saying that Bianca is perfect, but she is the smartest one of the bunch that's for sure. I loved that she is a flight attendant. This added a whole new dynamic to the story. I loved when she was at work, meeting the other flight attendants, a few of the passengers, and I loved it when James is on the same flight as her.

"Please, call me James," he chided me. He leaned in closer, speaking directly into my ear. "In private, though, you may call me Mr. Cavendish."

James Cavendish aka Mr. Beautiful. *sigh* What can I even say? He is an Alpha Dominant who can just as easily melt your heart. I love how honest James is with Bianca. He never lies to her. He knows that she isn't always going to like his answers but when she asks him a question, he is honest. This is rare for this type of character. It's not that he is forthcoming with information, but like I said when asked he never lies.

I also love how accepting he is of Bianca's life. This isn't to say that he wouldn't welcome her to quit her job tomorrow so that she can be by his side 24/7, but for the most part he is supportive. Bianca also paints, and I loved his reaction to her paintings. You could tell how much he truly loved her paintings.

And my favorite thing about James? His relationship with Stephan.

"I knew I had a problem. I was starting to like that kinky rich b*stard."

Stephan. He is Bianca's best friend. They have both had a pretty crap start to their lives, and somehow managed to find each other. There is no blood relation, but I don't even think they could be closer if they were in fact brother and sister. They love each other without question, and they accept the others choices. They support each other in all activities and are there for each other if things go bad.

In short... Stephan is the bomb. He has got to be the best book BFF, ever. I adore him. And the relationship between James and Stephan is something special. I completely assumed at the start that one would be jealous of the other, and that their dislike of each other would be one of the hurdles of Biana and James being together. I could not have been more wrong. They have a mutual respect for each other, and they work together to ensure that Bianca is happy and safe. James feels he is in debt to Stephan for how he protected her when they were growing up, and Stephan loves that James has brought Bianca out of her shell and that she seems to be happier that she ever has been before. Honestly, I could go on and on. I can only hope that these two continue with their 'bro'mance because I really do love them both.

"It was hard to remember that we weren't supposed to feel anything for each other when he looked at me like I was more important than the next breath."

oooOOOooohhh... and I have to give a little shout out to the chapter titles. They are a play on Bianca always calling James, Mr. Beautiful. You can get an idea of what James' mood is going to be with the chapter title. Mr. Charming, Mr. Stalker, Mr. Mercurial, etc... They were cute and fun.

The Up in the Air series is a trilogy. I would classify In Flight as having a cliffhanger, but the good news is that all three books have been published. So there is no need to wait, you can start them right away. Book two is Mile High. I am excited to see Bianca and James continue their romance, and to see what happens next. I am sure that there will still be plenty of heart stopping moments, kinky sex, and sweet romance. I can't wait...

Christine
Rainy Day Reads
Bianca loves her job as a flight attendant, she gets to work with her best friend Stephan and she enjoys the travelling but most of all she loves the financial security it gives her. After her troubled childhood growing up with an abusive father she is determined to be independent as an adult and the last thing she is looking for is a relationship. That changes when she meets billionaire James Cavendish, she finds herself impossibly drawn to him and unable to walk away from the pleasure he promises her.

OK so I'm going to admit it, I think I've become a little bit addicted to reading about hot billionaire heroes and naive and innocent heroines so I couldn't resist picking up In Flight. This is being recommended to fans of Fifty Shades and Bared to You and I can see why even though I don't think In Flight is quite as good as either of those and I didn't find James as attractive as Christian or Gideon. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed overall and I didn't love it as much as I hoped I would. The story showed a lot of promise though, particularly towards the end, so I am planning on reading the second book to see what happens next.

In a lot of ways I quite liked Bianca, really liked the fact that she was so independent and that she wanted to stand on her own two feet. She doesn't want to feel like James is buying her attention and I can respect her for that. In other ways I found it difficult to believe that someone who is so innocent when it comes to men and has shown no interest in dating before would be so quick to jump into bed with James. I would have preferred it if he had had to spend more time wooing her because I'd have found that more realistic. I have mixed feelings about James too. There were so many eye roll moments at the beginning of the book that I seriously didn't think I was going to be able to finish it. For a guy to tell a girl that she needs to get herself on the pill so they can sleep together without condoms is not attractive - especially when he is saying that to a virgin who he isn't even dating and has literally just met for the 2nd time! There was another part where he tells her he's going to tie her to his bed and take her hymen that just made me cringe. I love dirty talk but that was pushing it!

James wasn't all bad though and I liked the fact that he was quite upfront about the way he was feeling. He understood Bianca's fears and was willing to help her work through them without pressuring her into something she wasn't ready for. I was pleased that James wasn't jealous of her relationship with Stephan and that he accepted that if he wanted to have Bianca in his life then he had respect how important Stephan was to her. I think my favourite character was Stephan though, he could come across as a bit of a stereotypical gay best friend at times but he was a great character who would do anything for Bianca. They had been through a lot together and that showed in how well they knew each other and how much they cared.

I'm really glad I stuck through the eye roll moments in the first third of the book because In Flight did really start to grow on me as I carried on reading. It isn't a perfect book but it is an interesting start to the series, it has some great characters and I have to admit the sex scenes were hot. I'm looking forward to reading the next book and seeing how Bianca deals with certain things that happened at the end of this story.
on 19 November 2013
n Flight (Up in the Air, #1) by R.K. Lilley

WOW. WOW. WOW. Excuse me while I just take a moment...

*and breathes*

I am euphorically awed and a little dizzy right now as this book took me to heights I didn't quite expect. It has been dubbed by many as the next Fifty Shades of Grey and considering the market is saturated with BDSM erotica as of late, it took a little while for me to grasp onto this series and read it.

WHY? I tell myself! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!

In-flight is a first-class BDSM alpha dominance love story delivered at the highest of altitudes. It's not just a play on words (yeah..sorry, couldn't resist), this book is a refreshing tale of two opposites. One shrouded in innocence and skepticism VS a young domineering successful billionaire businessman who is used to getting what he wants. Sound familiar? Well, maybe, but trust me when I say that this is where all connections end because the writing, the flow, the characterisation, the setting, the overall plot...everything this book incorporates with relation to dominant/submissive erotica romance is completely different.

Bianca and James meet on a flight between Las Vegas and New York. Bianca is a first-class flight attendant with a penchant for professionalism unrivaled by her other female associates. From the first meeting, they both cannot deny the animal magnetism. The only problem is they are from completely different words. Bianca may have a respectable job and own her own home, but her life now contrasts very differently to that of her past. She doesn't trust easily, only having one person in her life who knows the real Bianca - her best friend Stephan is her heart, her soul and the only connection to her past.

James holds celebrity status, his success, wealth and refined good looks making him hot property. But James has a secret of his own, and it's located on the 4th floor. Yes...our new Mr. Beautiful has a playground and his sights are set on Bianca. From the moment he locks eyes with her he just knew she would be the perfect submissive. Her long blond hair, pale skin, blue eyes and long legs don't hurt either! James, normally the stoic, cold professional hotel owner, is smitten. Bianca renders him speechless and his self-control in tatters. This Swede/American Beauty becomes his new obsession, and James Cavendish always gets what he wants...

From the first date, to their first lovemaking session, Bianca is well aware of James' position and keeps her guard up. What can a man who has everything, truly want with a girl like her? A girl with a violent past who relives it through incessant nightmares. Her indifference to their `serious' relationship is driving James crazy, as he feels her and his self-control slipping through his fingers.

Setting herself up to fall-in-love was never the objective, but she failed. Besides Stephan, she has never let anyone else in, until now...

James is ready to embrace a future with the girl who has captured his heart, but it seems not everyone (including his girl) is on their side...

This book is the beginning of a beautiful journey... Bianca, James and Stephan captivated me from the first page as I learned of their obstacles. Bianca and Stephan have a beautiful friendship and their journey to this point in their life is both liberating and heartbreaking.

James surprised me the most though. I expected the dominance to play a huge part of his character throughout but it didn't. He had sexual preferences that are well versed in the BDSM spectrum but deep inside he is a loving, emotionally sound male who would do anything for the ones he loves. He was generous in his attentions and never once made any concessions about his intentions or apologised for his lavish behaviour. All the while battling a few demons of his own. Both characters are deeply scarred, yet James' strength and his will to succeed just made me love him all the more.

If you are looking for something along similar lines of Fifty Shades, then you can't go far wrong with this book. I have jumped on Mile High because I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. This first book does have a slight cliffhanger at the end, but don't let that deter you! I guess the perks of starting a series a little later on is I have all 3 books locked and loaded on my kindle, so please excuse me... I'm off to reconnect with three characters who I have come to completely adore.

READ IT!
on 26 November 2012
So here we are again with yet another trilogy.

Let me begin by saying that I would suggest you wait until February until book 3 is released before you start reading this. As per the norm there is the cliff-hanger, we have the usual story rich billionaire with a troubled past meets virgin and he wants to deflower her.

The ending was very predictable and R K Lilley seems to have followed a trend. The reader can guess how book 2 will begin,how it is going to end and that you will be in limbo until next February before you can find out what book 3 will have in store for Mr Cavendish and Bianca.

I understand that there is a thriving market for dominant hot, young billionaires and their obsession with beautiful insecure, traumatised young women. I like these novels as much as the next reader but there are just a bit too many 50SOG similarities in this one I am surprised the writer go away with it for example -

20 year old billionaire, kinky, dominant, and a control freak? He is also the most beautiful man she has ever seen and on their first encounter she turns into a simpering idiot!

Trilogies are no longer a selling point to me. If you are going to write more than one aspect to a story then it needs to flow and by that I mean released within a realistic timescale so that the reader can get a grasp of the characters, the plot, the inevitable cliff-hanger etc.

I felt that R K Lilley pushed the Dom characteristic too far with James Cavendish and the dialogue between him and Bianca was just too stilted.

There were some aspects of the story that I liked especially the friendship between Stephen and Bianca. It was very believable. The writer got it across how much they cared for each other and how much they looked after each others back.

Bianca had spunk and she showed it at times and would not give into James but overall the book lacked imagination and inspiration (and I am not referring to the sex scenes!)

So if you crave a bit of steam and don't mind the obvious similarities to other trilogies, go for it. I will be leaving the rest of the trilogy until I find something unique to get my teeth (and eyes) into next.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 21 November 2012
Bianca is a flight attendant with her BF Stephan, they have been friends and work colleagues forever. As senior members of the crew, Bianca and Stephan work in first class. James Cavendish business man and billionaire is one of the passengers. He is immediately drawn to Bianca. But Bianca is very wary. After much persuasion she agrees to see him.

First read for me by this author, I simply loved this first book in the trilogy. James is a many faceted character, he has never felt such a strong attraction to any woman before meeting Bianca. For her part Bianca can't quite believe that this gorgeous man (whom she refers to as Mr. beautiful) can possibly be interested in her, she decides to keep her emotions in check and try and play it cool with him. Although that's easier said than done. James is a true force of nature. He is dominant, passionate, tender and moody. James wants Bianca to be his sub in the bedroom. She is not averse to the idea. It turns her on to have a totally dominant James in total control during sex. James has told her he never lies, but the more Bianca gets to know James the more doubts creep in. Then when she is confronted with a situation where he has clearly lied. Bianca cuts her losses.

But Bianca has a past which haunts her, or more precisely the memory of one person. Suddenly out of the blue that person suddenly appears and Bianca's life is in danger.

Loved everything about this book, the characters were brilliant, the story was well written and fast paced, there are no dull dragging bits here. A real page turner. Loved all the other characters as well, especially Bianca's BF Stephan.

If you love a full on alpha male who likes total control, and a heroine who is strong enough to stand up to him, then this is for you. The love scenes were hot. Especially the BDSM elements. I can hardly wait to read the next in the series.
on 25 February 2013
This is the first book in a trilogy and it was brilliant! However, this I am sure could be told as one book for a fraction of the inflated price as I read it solidly in a few hours - I will not be BUYING the other two books but will borrow them as part of my Amazon prime membership - I only bought this because of it's low price and I do hate being played with in this way by publishers. We are not daft you know, you could take the option to lower the price and increase the volume of sales.

Rant over!! I did really enjoy this story and read it in one hit - Mr James Cavendish is outrageously dominant and agressive and Bianca is an ice princess. This is similar to the 'others', but what grabbed me was Bianca's back story, it was horrendous and did give good insight into her inability to date or deal with anything personal or emotional. I thought the scene when she left James after visiting his 4th floor was heartbreaking and shed a tear for her.

This is a book about a dominant wanting a submissive so expect a BDSM theme to run through although James can seem a little too 'on edge' to have the control needed to truly be an effective dominant. The sex however is off the charts hot and he IS totally alpha.

Stephen, OMG if any girl had this boy as her best friend you would be very lucky indeed, he is adorable and I hope he finds his HEA.

I can't wait to read the next one, but will wait, until I can borrow it for free!!
on 15 June 2014
I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this book as I tend to stray away from books of this type. I fell in love with James Cavendish and especially how he was this hotshot, smooth billionaire, but also retained a gentleman feel about him. This was a combination that ensured you liked him from the start and didn't get the jerk vibe from him too.

I really liked all the characters both the main and the secondary ones as they each brought a little extra to the book. I quite liked how Bianca was not afraid to stand up for herself and effectively speak her mind, rather than the very quiet and go-along with anything kind of girls that we read so often about. There are a lot of hot moments in this book and the characters did have a nice connection and chemistry.

I think if you love the rich man, naive virgin BDSM books (like FSOG) then you will enjoy this as they both share similar themes. I'm not really a huge lover of the BDSM type books and tend to avoid them, but I found this one to be quite light in comparison to others and so I found I could read it easily and not be too put off. There is a cliffhanger so you will be wanting the second book right away!