Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Jun 2013 02:41:26 BDT
Matthew says:
If you're thinking about buying this, this information was just released.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-24/blue-exorcist-blu-ray-details

Basically this is a Blu Ray + DVD set, obviously. But...

Blu Ray = Dub/Sub only.
DVD = Sub/Without dub

If you're a fan buying this for the dub and don't have a Blu Ray player, look elsewhere or wait for the American release if you have a multi region player.

Utter bizzare reasoning by Manga UK, they are obviously re packaging unsold sub dvd sets. It explains why they've made no effort to put the dub on the DVDs. There is enough room on the discs.

Posted on 16 Aug 2013 22:13:46 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 16 Aug 2013 22:16:36 BDT]

Posted on 7 Nov 2013 18:52:06 GMT
Yeah, I only watch subbed versions and I still think it's not on for Manga to do this, it would be one thing to release a sub only version when a dub doesn't exist so they'd have to produce one themselves, but they have the dub right there for the BDs (and I can't imagine the Japanese license holders would object since reverse importation fears are usually about Japanese fans buying the cheaper releases for the original language version so they'd be more likely to remove that or make the subs burned in, plus it's DVD, they'd be more likely to be concerned about the BD version being reverse imported), so I do think they should have done new DVDs with the dub and sub versions included. I might still buy this because I do have a BD player and really like the show (and the US sets are really expensive compared to the UK ones), but dub fans have my sympathy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  25 Jun 2013
Latest post:  7 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blue Exorcist: Definitive Edition Part 1 Episodes 1-12 Blu-ray
Blue Exorcist: Definitive Edition Part 1 Episodes 1-12 Blu-ray by Jun Fukuyama (Blu-ray - 2013)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (5)