Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is a Cisco-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNA® Security foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to secure Cisco® routers and switches and their associated networks. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to troubleshoot and monitor network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices, as well as the technologies that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure.
This book focuses on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the posture of the network. You will learn how to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch type office network using Cisco IOS® security features available through the Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) web-based graphical user interface (GUI) and through the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches. The author also provides, when appropriate, parallels with Cisco ASA appliances.
Whether you are preparing for CCNA Security certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of Cisco IOS security fundamentals, you will benefit from the information provided in this book.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- Configure routers on the network perimeter with Cisco IOS Software security features
- Configure firewall features including ACLs and Cisco IOS zone-based policy firewalls to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure IPS on Cisco network routers
- Configure LAN devices to control access, resist attacks, shield other network devices and systems, and protect the integrity and confidentiality of network traffic
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.