Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 April 2012
Got this book when I came home from work - 253 pages later and just after midnight I've finished reading it. I could not put it down. The narrative writing is easy to follow and you are posed questions right from the start. You are not sure exactly what is happening and who is telling the truth or lying. The images of the post-apocalyptic wasteland are memorable, the author's not there to explain every nuance and the reasons for each happening. There's a small cast of characters - that's all that's needed. It's difficult to say any more without spoiling the story. Basically it's a story in the future, about a guy who's lost the use of his legs, has to be transported to an unknown destination on the back of a 'mule' (person), for some unknown reason. The imagery was great - the desolation and location of the story were absolute.

There are so many different ways the ending could go - to be honest I was a little disappointed it did not turn out the way I imagined it, but it was good never the less - hence the 5 stars.

Great read, as the testimony of me reading it in one night shows!