Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 9 December 2003
The Icelandic diplomat, Prof. Rajavur and his United Nations ‘First Contact Team’ had been patiently waiting years for aliens to land on Earth.
Leader Idow and the crew of the starship, All That Glitters, were just looking for an unknown planet where they could land and have a little fun teasing the primitive natives.
It was pure bad luck that the first humans the alien tricksters encounter was a ruthless New York City street gang.
Best-Selling author Nick Pollotta and Hugo award winning illustrator Phil Foglio have packed this one-of-a-kind science fiction comedy full of thrilling combat, nuclear agents, planetary blockades, Omega Gas, the galactic police, Russian-doll-style Dyson spheres, a giant flying refrigerator, big juju, a high-stakes game of poker, space battles, warobots, the trail of the millennium, bar fights, naughty lingerie, lost civilizations, the United Nations Space Marines, group sex, and delicious fried chicken.
on 6 December 2015
I remember reading this book as a teenager and loved it. I recently stumbled across it whilst browsing for something else but bought it as soon as I saw it - £1.49 is a bargain for this book. How could I resist? I was just worried that re-reading it might spoil a childhood memory. I needn't have worried, it's still an excellent read and very funny with some genuine laugh-out-loud rib-ticklers in there.

This novel is almost two books in one, really. The first half centres around the first human contact with aliens - the violent NY street gang (and unlikely heroes) the Bloody Deckers are the only ones who can save the day. The second half deals with Earth's (or should I say Dirt's?) first attempts at exploring the stars and trying to gain entry into the Galactic League. Both halves are full of laughs and adventure, with some great, imaginative and alien ideas from the authors.

Well worth a read! I was saddened to read that Nick Pollotta has passed away but on the basis of this book his other works (Bureau 13 and others) must also be worth checking out.

5 stars from me just for being so funny. I wish the meanie who gave this great book only 1 star would change it! (his/her review even says it is a 5 star read..). I happily recommend this book to anyone with a sense of humour.
on 28 March 2011
Funny as hell, bought this book 20 years ago as a paperback, been looking to get it replaced for years (falling apart) totaly recommend this book to anyone.
on 27 January 2012
The content of the book rates 5 stars as it is a great read, however since I am reviewing the Kindle version it can only have 1 star (0 if allowed) since the lending feature is not enabled, no hiding behind publisher decisions Amazon. This is MY property, I do not object to DRM for preventing multiple copies but it's MY book and I want my friends to read it too!