on 12 June 2013
Six series in and I'm starting to feel that there isn't much else that IRT can tell us.

Ice is slippy, snow is cold and no one in their right minds would want to drive a huge lorry across a frozen lake.

What saves this is the competition between the drivers, and even that feels a bit staged these days. Also this series sees 100% males drivers. Seeing how the female drivers cope in a mainly male world has been the highlight of the last couple of series and it missed here.

So - average for me, which still isn't bad but the format is starting to tire (or do I mean tyre) a bit now. Buy the other series before you buy this, especially IRT Deadliest Roads.
on 19 May 2013
I was a little disappointed when I was watching this season. It's not as good as the earlier ones. It's an adult men acting like little children. There are mostly just trouble after trouble between the people, and people who I thought were nice, been nasty to others. I do know that tempers flare between people at times, but there's just too much about that. I give three stars to the people. Only Hugh and Alex get all five.
On the other hand, the locations are the salt of the season. I can't believe what kind of places truckers have to drive out there! What ever happens, they just have to survive and deliver their loads on time. I give four stars to the locations. I like this show because it's real people doing real job.
All in all, the season 6 is entertaining and exciting, with many close calls and oh no- situations. If you like the Ice Road Truckers, you just have to get this new season!
on 6 June 2013
We are both fans of I.R.T. As soon as they are released then they are purchased for his collection. Adore the characters, especially Alex. We are missing Lisa in this series, hopefully she may return at some point.
on 13 October 2013
This is the BEST IRT series !!!!!

Excellent insights into the characters, the politics of the haul road, the lives of the drivers.

Even the 'Carlile' Trucking bosses are pressed into service in one episode to haul explosives to a remote camp

!!!!

10 out 0f 10 documentary making at its absolute exemplary BEST !!!!!!
on 20 June 2013
First documentary series that I can't wait to see the next episode of. Only negative is the constant map of locations, as the drivers are on a number of different ice roads in this series, once you've watched a couple of episodes you don't need to see the map so often
on 2 July 2013
very good series but i felt it missed something without Lisa Riley in it - i really enjoyed her in competition with the male drivers as in the the other Seasons. nontheless very watchable.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2013
Arrived quickly and in great condition. Haven't checked the actual disc itself as yet as it's a Christmas present, but enjoyed watching this series when it was originally aired on TV.
on 17 September 2015
The trucking continues and I just love watching this with my son. If you like trucking and especially the more dangerous routes this is a must!
on 23 June 2013
Nice to see some new faces but sorely missed the lovely Lisa Kelly, Where did they dig up PORKCHOP? needs a semi to carry around his ego.
on 22 April 2015
Another great season from a long running series, hugh 'the polar bear' Rowland grow up, make sure your loads are strapped down tight