on 2 March 2013
Ice Age is one of my favourite film series. What, I think is it's best feature is that it is enjoyable for people of all ages. It has delivered lots of humour and entertainment for both children and adults.

The first movie, ''Ice Age''. Twenty-thousand years ago, Earth is a wondrous, prehistoric world filled with great danger, not the least of which is the beginning of the Ice Age. To avoid a really bad frostbite, the planet's majestic creatures - and a few small, slothful ones - begin migrating south . The story revolves around sub-zero heroes: A woolly mammoth called Manfrod (Manny), who is powerful and the biggest thing on Earth, who for some reason seams to have a blacked and broken heart: a saber-toothed tiger, Diego, and a scruffy, smelly, fearful sloth called Sid. And squirrel called Scrat, who is the most unlucky character in any animated series. The three mammals have to stay together to get a baby back to it's family, but it is not as easy and trouble free as they anticipated. The film has a great storyline, it is not rushed, but not slow and it has lots of laughs and is very entertaining.

It is extremely rare for film sequels to be better than the first, it hardly happens at all, but here that is the case. ''Ice Age 2: The Meltdown'' was even better than the first film. When a character called Fast Tony says there will be a flood, everyone, especially Manny believes that it is utter lies and the land they are on is ice, was ice years ago, and will be ice years from now. But Manny knows it to be true when he sees for himself that everything around them is melting. There is a boat at the other end of the vally, that everyone has to make it to before the flood brakes out. This is a great film keeps building up and building up until we get to the main part of the film, which has us on the edge of out seats. Convinced that he is the last of his kind, Manny is more upset than he ever has been before. Until he meats Ellie, another mammoth, although she has been under the impression that she is a possum like her two mischievous, fun loving brothers, Crash and Eddie, since she was young. This is even better than the first Ice Age.

The best of all four films is definitely ''Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs''. Manny is not the biggest creature on Earth after all, as he and his family soon discover what have been living under there very feet for so long. I was laughing the most at this one. This film had a guest character, Buck the weasel, who is a really funny character. The film is very well paced, which allows us to sit back and enjoy this film. I have watched this film a lot of times and never once not enjoyed myself. Whenever I want to relax with a great and flawless film, this is one of the films that comes to my mine. An overall smashing film that is the best one of the movies.

The first three movies all improved over it's preceding, but unfortunately, the forth film did not continue to be like that. The forth and latest film in the series is ''Ice Age 4: Continental Drift'', which many have claimed to be the best of the four films. I personally disagree, I don't think it is as good as ''Dawn of the Dinosaurs'', and actually, I think it is the weakest of all four films. It is very well written and there are some clever scenes within it, but there is less humour, it is not as entertaining as the first three. There are some very annoying characters in this film, such as Lewis and the female Mammoths that peaches is jealous of, and Lewis was no way near as good and as funny as Buck from the previous film. There are some very creditworthy moments in this film. I don't this is a bad film, my opinion is that is that it is average, it is enjoyable and somewhat funny at times, but the weakest of the Ice Age films overall.

As well as the 4 movies, there is also the Christmas special, ''Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas'', set in-between the third and forth movies.

Overall, Ice Age has had 4 brilliant, hilarious films.
on 15 August 2013
My grandson is 4 and I bought it for his birthday. He loves it, so does my daughter but on a different level. My daughter has never seen the series so had no pre-conceived ideas about it. But she loved it too.
They sit together and watch a movie.
on 5 January 2013
Great to have all four together. Bought this as a gift for my nephews and they loved the fact they could watch all 4. Fast delivery.
on 5 January 2013
Great films - the kids love them. Guaranteed to be played over and over again. Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.
on 29 September 2013
The order came quickly. Tell me, who don't love these films? I must say the additional Christmas film was hilarious, ho ho!
on 9 May 2013
Very happy with this purchase - great films and even a xmas special - our 2 and 4 year old love them.
on 12 March 2013
Fantastic priced family box set :). Was really pleased and it means we can all sit down and enjoy a family film together once in a while :)

I ordered this just before christmas for my partner and was really pleased that it came on time :)

Would recommended this for anyone that likes a good giggle :D
on 5 April 2013
If i was to say o bought this for my daughter would you beleive me! Didn't think so. These films are great make me laugh and i even had tears at one point. I love these im sure anyone else that has these films will say the same.
on 13 March 2014
my 3 year old grandson and I have many evenings on the sofa watching the antics of Manny, Diego and Sid. Suitable for all ages and the stories are absolutely delightful. We laugh at the reindeer in the Christmas DVD.
on 6 May 2013
I had not seen this film, just purchased the App....became addicted and thought I. Should try the film. I really love it and for anyone who hasn't yet seen this....treat yourself any age group will love it!