on 10 February 2014
Mine arrived towards the end of the delivery estimate range but I didn't expect anything more for £59.99.

The screen resolution on mine is 1024x600. The Android version is 4.2.1 (not 4.2.2 as in the description).

Booted up first time with no problem and connects well to my WiFi so far. Mine was set to a Chinese timezone by defalt - at this price you need to expect to do a bit of fiddling around.

Those who complain about not being able to install aps must be unlucky. I've installed quite a few apps and all are working fine.

I'm not too familiar with configuring all the screens (my phone has a custom GUI on top of basic Android so I'll need to do a bit of googling to find out how to move things around in native Android).

If the text is tight to edge of the screen some pixels are under the bevel edge. Screen quality is not too impressive but if, like me, you just want a basic web browser while you watch TV it may be adequate.

BBC iPlayer seems to work OK so far.

The battery seems to be very poor. I lost 20% of the battery reserve after 25 minutes. This is not a deal breaker for me as I would tend to use it for a short while then switch if off. Do not expect to be able to use this for the stated 6 hours without recharging the battery.

Finally, for those of you who have experience of other tablets, the tablet I was supplied with takes 55 second to "boot up" to show the unlock screen.
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2014
spotted this deal on amazon and have to say glad i did. after my son broke his other tablet i ordered this and was very happy.
he had been more than happy with his old tablet until he inevitably dropped it, got this as a surprise for his birthday and the display and speed far outclassed the old one. i would recommend this tablet to anyone for watching video's and playing games etc, its seems to be a great all round tablet. at just below £50 which is what i paid i am more than happy.
the only downside was the cheap and nasty stylus which was supplied with it, before i had managed to apply the screen protector my giddy son had rubbed the stylus across the screen and scratched it with the stylus as the rubber end had come completely off and just left a sharp metal edge. apart from this which was an additional freebie, go for it !!!!!!!!!!! (and they supplied a free screen protector, just make sure you apply it asap..
on 27 December 2013
Bought on specification item lives up to expectations. Glass screen must be a bonus. although cameras not tried yet though.
on 3 February 2014
Delivery was super quick.

These cheapo tabs seem to be a bit erratic. this is the third one I've seen that has odd behaviour. A screen press is sometimes registered on a different part of the screen. Plugging a mouse in has the pointer often zooming around and clicking uncontrollably.

There is no HDMI.

Screen is blurry.

The ram measures as 256mb on testing, not 512mb. Only one core shows as well, though this may be because of the way a23 implements these cores?.

I know it doesn't say bluetooth but my silly assumption was all Androids had bluetooth, as that is a foundation capability of the Android experience. Well! Not on this tablet. So! I can't use it for what I bought it for.

I'm fed up sending them back as it appears pot luck if you get a goodun, but to me they all seem the same.

However! I have been able to get past the Chinese webpage and unlock googleplay for some neat games.
I also managed to root it, download a stable ROM that has tamed the erratics, tune up the frequency and get better video drivers for gaming, but, that is too much for most to accomplish.

I suppose you get what you pay for so I'll pass this onto my grandson, with it's new gaming wizardry, and get a Nexus.

---------------------------------
Addendum
---------------------------------

Having written the above review I passed the tablet onto my grandson, and guess what?

Yes, from the mouths of babes and sucklings. "If you don't connect the battery charger, Grandad,(Meaning useless old fart), the screen works fine".

What!!!

Yes, that's right, without the battery charger connected the blurriness is gone, and the erratic behaviour just melts away.

The dual core apparently splits the memory, so it appears less, which answers that query.

There is still no Bluetooth, or HDMI, but, if I could I would increase the stars.

Amazon only allows one review, so I can't change the stars, but having said that, the manufacturer should know it's their cheap power supplies that's causing the flakiness, but I'll put it upto three stars anyway, just because of the performance with regard to cost.

But, the little rotter won't let me have the tablet back now, grrr.
on 30 January 2014
Great quality tablet for the price. Well made and does most thing a much more expensive tablet such as a Samsung would do.
Bought it for my little lad to take on holiday and won't worry to much if he drops it as it was so cheap.
Easy to connect to your computer and transfer files. The touch screen is decent enough but can be a little unresponsive at times. The resolution is fine but don't expect top notch HD quality, however it is very good for the price.
The speaker is at the back and is reasonably loud and clear, but beware if you place the tablet in a generic android tablet cover as this will block the speaker and reduce the sound significantly. I'm sure that there will be a specific cover made for the job somewhere but haven't found one yet.
Overall I can't fault the tablet and for the price I paid would recommend it to anyone.
I had no problems what so ever from the seller and the item was delivered very quickly.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2014
Just received it couple of days ago looks great , does what it says .... I loved it . Would recommend it to everyone....
on 9 January 2014
Fab product arrived within time workd well and loads up fast. Camera is good for a 5 megapixel not yet tried it out for video calling. Plays most apps well n not too much delay between screens.
on 6 May 2014
Pay for what you get here. At the end of the day its a cheap tablet, but works well enough consisting the price. We also bought a micro SD to bump up the memory to 16gb. Loaded all the android apps on the mother in law before we wreaked it. Connector to the charger seems a bit sub standard and battery life is not very long. But she loves it. Does most of the things her android phone does (not calls or mobile 3g) but she connects at home to Wi-Fi no probs and at the cost of a fraction of an iPad.
on 3 March 2014
I didn't know whether I had any use for a tablet, so bought this one, on the recommendation of a friend at work, as a relatively cheap introduction, I have only had it a week, and have used it loads, I appreciate a more expensive tablet might be better, higher resolution screen, and faster, but I am really surprise how good this is, and would definitely recommend it to anyone as a first tablet, to get your head round what they can do.
on 18 April 2014
I bought two of these for my older children...for gifts, one had to be sent back failed to work hen unplugged from the charger, contacted seller who i have to say were excellent, and sent me a replacement return of post, the tablet works great lots of apps on it...my son is over the moon, the camera is no great but then what do you expect in this price range.....fingers crossed the other one works as it should...so i've given it 4 stars for the return of one......other than that it was a great buy i would definately reccomend it....