on 10 July 2013
I guess there are many ways to read this book, or any other piece of writing by Iain S. Thomas. If you want to ruin the simple pleasure of reading words and poems that are easy to relate to and take into your own world, you can see it all as a very smart marketing strategy. The way he consciously write so that it can reach as many as possible and so that as many as possible can relate and say "that's about me!". But I also think Iain has and is creating something beautiful in the way he's making poetry accessible for the bigger audience, not just for literature-people. It doesn't have to be super deep with complicated words. He's taking 'writing' back to telling stories the simple way, speaking in a language we all understand.
What I loved the most about this book was that since all the writings are left quite open without clear endings, they are perfect for writing-inspiration. I always found myself "finishing" the short little story he had started and it's just great small flash-fiction pieces to throw you into the start of your own writing.

I'm very aware of the fact that Iain is a genius when it comes to marketing, but when I read this book I still forgot about it and could definitely lose myself in the simple beauty of words.

- Charlotte Eriksson, author of Empty Roads & Broken Bottles; in search for The Great Perhaps
on 21 January 2013
Really liked the images, and every word is both touching, and extremely relevant. It certainly is worth another read. Maybe more than that.
on 15 April 2012
This book is beautiful, really, but I definitely think it's worth buying the actual printed book. I bought it for my kindle because it's a fraction of the cost of the book, but the problem is that the images are such a big part of the book/website, and you really can't see them properly on the kindle. They're not terrible, but they're small and black and white and quite dark, so you definitely miss out. I also suspect that the flow of the text is broken up and interrupted somewhat on the kindle and is probably set out better in the book format.

I Wrote This For You is beautiful and you should definitely read it! If you can, go for the book version. The kindle version is the next best thing and still enjoyable, but I really think you miss out on experiencing the images as they should be viewed.
on 25 July 2014
I absolutely loved it. It's a very special one , a keeper! The whole concept was loveable and Iain's words are phenomenal. Haven't read anything like this before.
My only concern was abou the paperback. The condition was good, it was obviously a brand new copy but some pages were already off when it got in my hands and some others got off during reading. But i think it was a press matter and doesn't have to do with the store I got it from , the staff , the post or the amazon in general.
I strongly recommend this ! Can't wait for part II !
on 3 February 2012
A beautiful book, amazing photos (a mix of colour and black & white) and wonderful and heartfelt words. Inspirational in so many ways
on 11 May 2015
This book was such a relief to read- Never have I read something so similar to my own writing style. Iain manages to touch a nerve; as it's both heartbreaking and heartwarming. the images go so well with the writing. It's definitely worth a re-read!
on 29 December 2013
Honestly it would have been better if the pages weren't bleach white like typical A4 paper, but aged yellow and coarse. Adds to the mood.
The content is of course, flawless.
on 7 August 2015
Not as brilliant as reviewsa had led me to believe - some of the ideas were a little trite and unimaginative. Too Hallmark card for me, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
on 16 November 2014
to be in love is a wondrous thing, to have been in love I a haunting thing; the haunting and the wondrous things of love merge, here and now, gifts, from pleasefindthis
on 16 November 2013
Fantastic piece of art and i really enjoyed every page its a combination of photography poetry and its really wonderful read

Hhhhhhhhhhhhh