on 19 June 2012
After I lifetime of springs I decided to give memory foam a go. Spent a lot of time searching the internet learning about these mattresses and just as long discovering how much some companies charged for delivery before selecting the Hypnia mattress and Amazon.

Well the big day arrived and this box was delivered. First thing that I noticed was that the box was heavy for a roll of foam. Reckon that was a good sign. Opened the box carefully to reveal a shrink wrapped mattress. Took a small pair of scissors and a lot of care to open the wrapping.......did not want to damage it. Once this was done and the mattress was laid flat on top of the bed it quickly grew to near its full size and I am sure it would have been OK to sleep on but I gave it a full day to expand.

And so to bed, as they say. Felt strange not having a dip in the middle of the bed that kept me in one place but I quickly got used to that. No sagging but great comfort. Wish I had bought one years ago. One note about "smell". I was expecting a new foam smell to trouble me for a few days but this did not happen. Almost odour free right from the start and the little there was soon cleared.
on 6 September 2012
this is the second memory foam mattress I bought (for a different bed btw). I would never buy anything different.
The other one has over a year now and it has lost a little bit of its stiffness but if anything that has made it even more comfortable!
And if it ever loses its comfortability... I'll just buy a new one... the price is fantastic!
I would totally recommend this to everyone. Memory foam is the best you can get. I make everyone that comes to my house try it for themselves!
I do not like the pillows though.
on 25 November 2012
It was a little worrying to see how small the package was!! But, after opening the plastic wrapper, the mattress soon started filling out. I left it for about 24 hours and then put it on my bed, at first it was like lying on a board but as it warmed I found myself sinking into a perfectly me-shaped hole- and there I stayed all night!!! I have had it about a month now and I can't understand why I haven't invested in one before.........absolute blissful comfort!!!!
on 10 February 2012
Bought 2 for the kids bunk beds. I was a little hesitant especially as they came vacuum packed and shrunk. They very quickly( within 20 mins maybe) recovered to full size when out of the packaging after which they looked like they had been delivered that way and now fit very snug in the bunk beds. Suddenly we realised how awful the original bunkbed mattresses had been.. Very impressed with these new ones though. The kids(6-8 year olds) are sleeping very well and love then too. I have been tempted to sneak the odd snooze on there as they are so comfy. They have retained their shape since purchase...must have been over a year ago i guess now
on 1 January 2013
Hypnia memory foam is really a star buy. This was my third buy as it is undoubtly a great mattress to sleep on . It came on 4 th day of my order then when we open it it takes less than an hour to breath and was ready to be used . This single mattress was for my sons bed and he is very happy with this. Definitely will recommend every one this mattress.
on 22 January 2010
this is a great memory form mattress and one of the best i have seen if you can get hold of one then get it.
on 23 November 2012
I have forever had a spring standard mattress. however my partner has a memory foam mattress which cost him around £500, and after spending a few nights in his, i decided that i should buy myself one. As i have stated I am only 17 years of age so need to be careful with money. I searched amazon and multiple independent sites comparing prices, sizes, ext ext with each other. But decided to get this one. This mattress is exceptionally comfortable. not as amazing as a 3 year old £500 one though, but for the price you pay you do get your money's worth. However You DO SINK INTO IT but i have a bed on stilts which means i have to crawl up my bed before i can lie down, i am also heavy weighing 15 stone, and if i am to press my knee or elbow to the bed i sink to the bottom and can feel the metal rungs beneath me. Which can be slightly unpleasing. Although saying this once you have lay in the bed for under a minute it evens its self out again by expanding around you, The only other fault i can find with the mattress is that it is slightly too short for my bed, i am not sure weather this is because it is only a few days old or if it is too short for the bed frame, this leaves a gap at the end of the bed around 2 inches long, which can also be annoying. However taking the price into consideration and the speed of delivery ( i ordered the item while it was out of stock and it arrived earlier than some other of the items i ordered at the same time, The emails from the delivery company where also helpful asking me when it was convenient for me to drop them off) and the comfort it provides i have given this product 4 stars :)
on 15 June 2012
Bought this for my 8 year old. Had reservations, wasn't sure if mattress would be deep enough, good quality etc etc, well I needn't of worried. I ordered it on a Monday, it was delivered by Thursday am. Delivery company communication was outstanding, they txt me the night before to give delivery date options, they also e-mailed me the morning it was delivered narrowing down the delivery time slot to within an hour; and they delivered within that hour. It was delivered in a cardboard box about 4 foot high, by about a foot across, easily fit in the boot of my car without having to put any seats down. Got home, unboxed it and released the mattress from the vacuum sealed packaging. Was a little hesitant as it didn't seem to inflate instantly (not sure why I thought it would). Anyway left it for 20-30 mins and went back to lovely big thick, comfortable mattress. I have nothing bad to say about it from delivery to final product, I am very pleased. I would definitely recommend this product.
on 20 November 2012
I was thrilled to bits when the mattress arrived, I couldn't wait to go to bed,( I already poccess a Mattress Foam Memory Topper for the double bed and what a joy that has been) Oh dear what a disappointment the next morning, I kept waking up in the night, and in the morning my poor old body was hurting all over. The mattress is so hard I don't sink into it like I thought I would. In fact I haven't even made an impression on it, and I have had it for three weeks or more now. I didn't bother to inform anyone because I sincerely cannot afford to buy another one, so its a case of "make your bed and lie on it" (excuse the pun) I must say that this is the first time I have been disappointed in anything I have purchased from Amazon
on 27 November 2012
I have used the same mattress for a few years, but with my King bed. Unfortunately I got sick and had receive a single bed from the hospital. The mattress was a good quality one but not nearly as comfortable as the Hypnia Memory Foam Mattress. Since I switched to the latter mattress I was able to sleep at nights and my life has become more relaxed. I have chosen the thickness of the mattress (8-inches), as in the past I found out that thicker mattresses were too hard and prevent me from comfortable sleep.