HyperX 120GB SATA3 3K 2.5-inch Gaming SSD Drive
|Price:||£75.38 FREE UK delivery.|
- SandForce controller technology
- High-speed SATA Rev 3.0 (6 Gbps) transfer speeds
- Performance - optimum speeds for better productivity
- Cool and quiet - runs silent and with no moving mechanical parts to generate heat
- Shock-proof - dropping your notebook no longer means losing your data
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Kingston Technology HyperX 3K 2.5-inch SSD
Take Your Computer to the Limit
Great for gaming. Perfect for photography. Whatever you need from a high-performance computer, kit out your computer with Kingston Technology SSD.
Features and Benefits
- Kingston's HyperX 3K SSD is ideal for budget-minded gamers and computer enthusiasts alike. This SSD combines premium NAND Flash memory and a second-generation SandForce controller for ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing performance.
- Super Fast -- incredible speeds for enhanced productivity, gain the benefits from increased boot up time, improved gaming experience and quick transfers and edits of large media files.
- Responsive -- loads games and applications quickly; additionally experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power with a Kingston SSD.
- Built for Endurance -- an SSD has a longer life span than a traditional hard disk drive (HDD) due to Data Integrity Protection technology and superior shock resistance.
- Superior Design -- black aluminum casing to enhance the look of your system.
- Cost Effective -- by replacing and upgrading your hard drive, Kingston’s HyperX 3K SSD lets you revive your system without stretching your budget.
- Silent -- your laptop or desktop will run cooler and quieter with a Kingston SSD. SSDs have no moving parts which reduces background noise and heat of your notebook or desktop compared with a traditional HDD.
- Compatible -- Kingston SSDs are SATA Rev. 3.0 SSD with backwards-compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 and 1.0, which means you can fit your SSD in a wider range of PCs and laptops.
Why have a Kingston Technology SSD?
- Experience up to 5x faster start-up and load times
- Transfer files in a flash
- Get super smooth video and image editing
- Kingston SSDs have no moving parts
- They won’t crash, overheat or fail
- Every Kingston SSD comes with free technical support.
- Opt for the handy DIY kit and replace your hard drive
- Follow easy, step-by-step instructions
- Turn your computer into a high-powered machine.
Designed to meet the most rigorous demands of gamers, over clockers, creative professionals and tech enthusiasts, HyperX is the high-performance product line from Kingston Technology. Featuring best-in-class components that deliver superior speed, quality and aesthetic design, HyperX memory modules, USB Flash drives, headsets, cooling fans and SSDs put users at the top of their game.
1 x 120GB HyperX SSD + bracket and mounting screw
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Everything worked exactly as it was supposed to do, but note that there are no instructions in the box so make sure you download them from the Kingston site first - and print them (select just the relevant language section, otherwise you will get about 300 pages) or read them on another device. The cloning software worked faultlessly, but it helps to have the printout of what messages to expect along the way.
There was one error message near the end of the process, I chose 'ignore' and the program completed the transfer, and nothing bad had happened yet.
This drive is fitted in a notebook so no extra bracket is needed, and I thought it was missing from the pack. However its under the top foam packing piece and its bright blue!
Read the faqs on the website, there are useful tips including a warning about removing your windows user password before cloning - you can of course reinstate it after the changeover.
The old drive, which is getting bad sectors, is still usable as an external usb drive.
I have no idea how this drive compares with others, but the bundle makes it extremely easy to install and clone the old hd, so it worked for me. And yes, the ssd is quieter and faster too!
On installing it, it did cause some initial problems with the AMD display drivers, but this was easily fixed by re-installing the OS and switching to AHCI in the BIOS, rather than SATA IDE. AHCI improves the speed of the drive considerably.
I like that the drive comes with a 3 year warranty, but bearing in mind that this drive is capable of performing 3000 re-writes, you could effectively re-write your entire drive every single day for the next 10 years before it would wear out, which is something the average customer is never going to achieve in 3! ;)
The drive is also exceptionally good looking with an eye catching finish in brushed steel.
I have built a new 64bit PC just for photo and video editing, and it made sense to use a SSD for the system disk.
If one is not installing lots of programs (like MS Office) then 240GB seemed a good size without being too expensive. I went for Kingston Technology as they are UK based when the SSD dies in about 3-4 years time. Surprisingly the 240GB version had the best read/write speeds over their 120GB offering.
One is blown away by the speed of the SSD and therefore the PC. My Windows 7 home premium system boots up in less than 45 seconds (it was faster than that initially), and programs start-up almost instantly.
I don't bother putting this PC into hibernate mode, shutdown & startup is almost as quick.
Looking after your SSD is all about minimising the number of writes it has to do.
NEVER defrag an SSD you may even damage it so I'm told. As it's not a mechanical device fragmentation is not an issue. I have PerfectDisk running and they do very limited housekeeping on the SSD.
With 16GB of memory I have disabled the paging/swap files with no problems so far.
I do try to make a complete system disk backup about once a week, and I have an old hard disk available to act as a recovered system disk in-case the SSD dies. However as the system disk is not over cluttered a full system disk backup to hard disk completes in about 10-15 mins.
I do have a second 4TB hard disk for all my data/photos etc.
I only purchased the upgrade bundle kit as it was cheaper than the actual disk itself at the time.
The bundle does include a USB case for you to plug your SSD into and use it as an external disk.
The one thing I found difficult about choosing an SSD is the massively varying opinion on reliability and performance. Kingston is a well-known make for memory, and they are for a reason. It came beautifully packaged (and is beautifully designed), installs extremely easily and is also quite simply one of the best performers on the market (from a few available benchmarks online). It reads and writes incredibly fast - I can't believe the little time it takes to boot windows or even install/copy large programs and files. Every time I see the install bar ramp up as quick as it does makes me happy inside.
In short, highly recommended, specifically this kit over the lone drive, it's roughly the same price (at this point) and it really does feel like you are getting you're money's worth. Spending more for the Kingston name is something I would do again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is possibally the best looking SSD in my opinion. It looks awesome through my cases side window. When many SSDs have ugley stickers on the front. Read morePublished 17 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Prompt Delivery. Item as described. Good Communications. A+++++Published 27 days ago by Carl-Darren Marx
fantastic it does the job i needed it for fast delivery well packedPublished 1 month ago by Gillian Allenby
Good and fast ssd drive, the pins inside connection is bit easy to brake . My one fall off while I was trying to connect it.Published 2 months ago by yurassik