on 13 May 2013
A very poor product indeed. The boots leak, and Hunter will not accept any responsibility after the 12 month guarantee expires. I was led to believe that these were a high quality boot, especially in relation to the price of the product, I would expect them to last more than the two years I have had mine for. (I only use mine for light walking with the dog, it's not like I am using them for hard labour tasks.) This review is not critical of the seller but rather the Hunter manufactuer. I think I would have been better off with a cheaper/ non branded boot because the lack of quality of the product and customer service I received from Hunter was somewhat lacking in responsibility and care towards the customer. It seems like they do not care about maintaining a loyal customer base. I will not be purchasing anything from Hunter again.
on 31 May 2011
I wear wellies every day and bought these as a cheap summer pair. Extremely comfortable for walking in and do the job but they are very tall. I'm 175cm tall and they reach my knees making crouching uncomfortable
on 18 November 2013
These are my second pair of Hunter wellies and I'm just as impressed as I am with my other pair. I purchased the second pair simply to have another colourway, not because of any issues with the first. They are made of rubber instead of PVC, which eases my worries about cracking or leaking.

I honestly am not sure why everyone seems to think they run small--they do not for me. I am a fairly true UK 7 and I have tons of room, even with my thick socks--I may have to purchase some shearling insoles to take up excess space.

I do *not* wear these in snow or extreme cold (as that is not what they are meant for), so I cannot speak to how they hold up in the snow, but for rain they really are unbeatable. Thank you for the great price, Amazon, I ended up spending less than half what I would have on Hunter's website. Wonderful deal!
on 7 November 2013
I was v.exited when the package arrived, well presented in the hunters brand box Etc. On trying the boots I found them tight around the calf area and I had difficulty putting them on and taking them off. When walking around in them the calf area would bunch down. This would probably end up causing cracking of the rubber. I am an average size 12, 5'4 and I feel that these boots are designed for taller people. I checked the box and next to foot size it also stated 'tall'. This was not an option when I was purchased. I also feel the boot were more aimed at festival goers rather than for day to day stomping and would probably not last long. The reason for me purchasing hunter was that I wanted hard wearing boots that would last me years and I was prepared to pay. Overall I am disappointed and have sent them back.
on 25 June 2013
Used for general dog walking usually on grass or beach lasted approx. 6 months before developing a split on one foot rendering the boots useless, also soles have worn down a lot, very poor quality.
on 26 January 2014
Firstly these boots are a very matt black and retain the mud, so need cleaning every time they are worn, even using the hunter boot shiner can not keep these looking like high quality boots. The material they are made from is very poor! These are made in China!
After a few hours of walking, third time out, the heal came off one of the boots, even though these have failed with in 1 year, there is NO way of getting a replacement or return them as faulty! AMAZON PLEASE advise me on what to do?
on 7 June 2014
Have been wear Hunters for years these are the worst I have had as they lasted a whole 3 months. Not what you expect after paying £60.
VINE VOICEon 29 November 2012
I purchased these as a replacement for my husbands old ones. These may seem expensive but let me reassure you his last pair were the same and I paid £70 for them then and they have lasted over 15 years. The only problem with them was from wearing every day on a farm they got a hole in the toe. Even at £70 thats only £4 per year can't buy a pair for that. I thoroughly recomment them to anyone wanting a decent pair of wellingtons.
on 8 November 2014
Didn't last a month,only had them for walking the dog my feet were wetter than his.never again.
on 4 November 2013
I am by no means a large girl (I'm a UK10/12 in trousers) but I couldn't wear these boots comfortably. The tops were way too tight around my calves to the point were I couldn't walk properly. They did seem made of a nice rubber but they were completely useless to me because of the size (although they fit comfortably on the foot)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse