Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 16 December 2011
As becomes evident after reading my review of "Chosen" by Denise Grover Swank I LOVED the book (basically everything about it was top-notch in my opinion, from the character development, to the fast paced and unique plot). While I did enjoy this book, I must admit that overall I on the fence about how I feel about it.

On the one hand, I applaud Denise for writing a paranormal plot that is wholly unique, but on the other hand, I felt that at times (the ending especially) was too "out there" and rushed (basically the entire paranormal element, what you have been waiting for two books to be revealed, is revealed within the last chapter or so of this book). Also, for much of the book I was irritated by Emma (when in the past book I had found her to be such a relateable character)- I felt that she was not only did she take advantage of Will in much of the book, but she also took him for granted. However, Will's was even more so swoon-worthy in this book, distracting me every now and again from Emma's boogerish behaviour.

Despite my criticisms, this book was just as fast paced and unputdownable as the previous book- you better plan accordingly because once you start reading it you won't be able to stop. I am very curious to see where Denise will take the paranormal element in the next book in this series.
on 7 April 2015
I was willing to be patient with the first book in the series. I always believe in being open minded, but this puts me in mind of a movie I saw not so long ago which started off incredibly well only to have the entire plot revealed at the end. Not much is left to the imagination, it's almost as if the writer has lost their creative spark or is bored. Unfortunately in my enthusiasm after the first book I went ahead and bought all four books in the series. If I had known how book 2 would end I am not sure I would have bought the next 2..
on 2 June 2014
I purchased volume one on a whim, as i had enjoyed her other series, and the story sucked me in to devour all four books. The characters were amazingly resilient in their adversity but did annoy me at times. However, for a fast paced unusual themed story it was a splendid escape, with additional 'elements' introduced at interesting points and the plot did sort itself out. It is more inconsistencies in the supporting characters and the unanswered questions (I wont give spoilers) that prevented a 5*. I will continue to enjoy her work.
on 6 May 2014
The second in the series, the story of Will and Emma continues, a well thought out book though with some errors in timing concerning the child Jake and Alex because one minute Jake hasn't see Alex for days and in the next paragraph concerning Jake same memory he had seen Alex that morning. Though it did not ruin the book. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
on 22 December 2013
This is not the sort of thing I normally read, so I just started reading to make up time, without any great interest. I am now on the third book and still enjoying it, a very novel way to ignite your interest and this author is a master at keeping you severely interested. Really great stuff. Just start reading it...I challenge you not to read it to the end
on 20 July 2014
A fantastic sequel to Chosen, the pain of a mother coupled with the confusion of her child and the painful transformation of a heartless man into a loving one make for a fascinating read alone, without the magic and confusion surrounding them. Grover Swank flexes her superior writing muscles for a believable and heart wrenching series.
on 21 February 2012
I enjoyed this book, too, and agree with the review above. The plot moves rapidly, and I felt emotionally close to the characters - that's an essential for me. The ending is a cliff-hanger, so you have to be prepared to buy the next book, Sacrifice, due to be published in March.
on 8 November 2015
I enjoyed this, I am a big fan of the Rose Gardener series so was looking forward to settling in for another rollercoaster of emotion and fun. I didn't feel that this delivered to my expectations. That said it was fun and I enjoyed the way the story twists and turns.
on 12 December 2013
i struggled with this storyline and at times i thought it was too out there in the world of paranormal but i kept on and it won me round and it became a book i couldn't put down again wanting to know more, now moving onto Sacrifice to continue with the series :)
on 29 April 2015
Couldn't wait to start reading this book, and wasn't disappointed. It follows straight on from were The Chosen 1 finished, no skipping days, months or years in the story. Again keeps you reading to find out what's next. Again excellent story line.