Size: 10 Packs (640 Wipes)Change

on 24 August 2015
Size: 18 Packs (1008 Wipes)Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I had my first baby I used Huggies pure wipes until I read about the chemicals in them which weren't meant to be good for baby's skin. I was also getting frustrated with the wipes tearing and not separating. So I ended up switching to Pampers Sensitive.

Now it seems that they've improved the Huggies Pure Wipes. There is no longer any phenoxyethanol, paraben, perfume or alcohol in the wipes. Indeed they've got one of the shortest ingredients lists I've seen for a pack of wipes - which is impressive. However they do contain sodium benzoate - I appreciate that if you want to use wipes with a reasonably long shelf life then you need preservatives in there. But I still think it's a stretch to say they offer gentle cleaning like cotton wool and water.

The wipes come out of the packet nice and wet so you long as you make sure you reseal the packet properly after use - I didn't have any problems doing this. But I still have the problem of the wipes tearing when you get them out of the packet and the wipes coming out in multiples (so you get a whole load of wipes when you only want one) and then you're trying to shake them to separate them whilst at the same time trying to keep a baby on a changing mat.

I don't think I'll be changing from Pampers Senstive to Huggies (the Pampers wipes are slightly smaller but they feel more substantial and don't rip as easily) - though if you compare the ingredients list of the two products now, the Pampers one is uncomfortably long. My advice to anyone buying wipes for the first time would be to get some single packs and see which you prefer and also find out if there are any that irritate your little ones skin before committing yourself to buying a box of 18. (Though if you do find yourself with several packs you don't want to use on your baby, don't get rid of them, they'll be used to wipe up a multitude of other stuff and you can save the wipes you do like for your little one.)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We (hubby and I) have always used Huggies wipes since a few months after our first child was born (for the first few months used cotton wool pads and warm water as per the midwives advice) and in fact are still using them as they are still in nappies. We are now expecting our second child and shall also be using Huggies wipes for them too once the first few months have passed (again we will be using cotton wool and water for those first few month). We do understand that Huggies wipes are meant to be as mild as cotton and water but just feel that bit safer using actual cotton wool and water for those first few important months.
We have tried several other major brands of wipes but have found that the wipes are either not strong or large enough or alternatively that they have a really strange scent to them (Pampers). Huggies wipes are nice and thick feeling, really moist even when near the end of the packet when you would expect them to start drying out a lot and most importantly for us fragrance and alcohol free which means that they can also be used on your little ones face and hands. We have also tried two of the other types of Huggies wipes Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes - 10 x packs of 64 (640 Wipes) and Huggies Soft Skin Baby Wipes - 10 x Packs of 64 (640 Wipes) but have not found these to be as thick or as moist as the pure wipes and so have stuck to these type.
We used to purchase the wipes from our local supermarket where they were priced at £3.50 for 4 packs, however we have found that by using the subscribe and save via Amazon they have worked out cheaper providing they are sold at the right price. We would definitely recommend Huggies Pure Baby Wipes to other parents and as mentioned above shall be sticking with them in the future.

Edit 22/08/15 - Pictures added to show the new 56 wipe packs and packaging. The wipes are still the same good quality but just a few less per pack and different packaging.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 September 2015
Size: 18 Packs (1008 Wipes)Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are decent wipes and do the jobs that are needed and importantly don't cause irritation. The fibres of the material give a gentle `grippy' feel which helps with removing residues that are more dried on. The only real downside being that they are also surprisingly easy to accidentally tear. The makers compare these wipes to cotton wool and water and, just like cotton wool they are easy to pull apart, therefore, as long as you're aware you can make adjustments, still, little extra strength would make them even more practical.
on 23 November 2015
Not as good as the water wipes I used previously, but certainly alot cheaper, better than some other leading brands for sensitivity, and get the job done!

- Don't smell or taste awful, so are good for cleaning face as well as bottoms
- Nice price, and they come on offer quite a lot
- Very soft to the touch, and don't leave that nasty pruney or dried-out feeling in your hands
- Not full of nasty chemicals

- Break apart very easily! Even trying to pull them out of the packet they've ripped into tiny pieces for me!
- Not as wet as some other brands
- Quite small, I find I have to use two wipes most of the time, and three or four for a pooey nappy!
- You do tend to get more than one come out at a time! More than once I have been holding baby's legs with one hand, and trying to get a wipe with the other, only to find they just keep coming out like scarves from a magician's hat! I end up having to let go of my baby and break off the chain so that I can get a single wipe which is really frustrating
- I seem to be getting through these ALOT quicker than I did with the water wipes!

Good price, easily available, no smells, and no harsh chemicals. A good product, but I may go back to using water wipes if I can find them on offer, as they seemed to last alot longer!
on 23 August 2015
I don't care what anyone says about these wipes, I find them wet enough, strong enough and they come out of the packet easily. We paid less than £10 for a box of 18 which seemed like good value to me, they're usually 4 for £3.50 in boots.
Size: 18 Packs (1008 Wipes)Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I usually use the closest to "water wipes" as I can get, but without the cost. Normally this is the Johnsons Extra Sensitive or the Tesco Ultra Sensitive brand, but I got these to review recently and they are on a par with regards to the sensitivity of the fluid in the wipes.

They claim to be even more water content than Johnsons, although it's hard to tell - certainly no nasty "taste" to the wipe, so brilliant for wiping mouths, hands etc too. They are a little less strong than Johnsons, and I'd like to see a hard plastic close lid like the Tesco brand, but otherwise they are spot on.

If you were used to the old style wipes, watch out - these apparently are smaller and have less in a packet......
Size: 18 Packs (1008 Wipes)Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great very moist baby wipes that are not perfumed which is great for more sensitive skin and noses. These wipes do seem a lot moister compared to another main branded baby wipes and the texture of the wipes feel more like moist tissue wipes which sometimes have a tendency to rip when pulling them out of the packet rather than the more cloth like feel of other leading brands. They are pretty easy to open but when getting the wipes out, several of them seem to follow the first sheet out unless you use both your hands, which can be a bit annoying when you are changing a nappy or trying to wipe the mess off a very squirmy toddler as you often have to open the packet and pull out a wipe with one hand.
VINE VOICEon 9 September 2015
Size: 18 Packs (1008 Wipes)Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Have used Huggies wipes since my girls were newborns and now, although the youngest is three and out of nappies, I find we still get through nearly as many of them for grimy faces, sticky fingers (and I confess dusting, wiping spills and even cleaning school shoes!). They are just the right thickness, do not tear when pulled out of the packet and, unlike some other popular brands, the perfume doesn't make your eyes water! They're nice and moist without leaving a trail of soapy bubbles in their wake. They are slightly difficult to get out of the packet in ones and I tend to get a clump but otherwise they do the job well.
on 30 September 2014
I agree that these are the best wipes out there. 3 messy boys and 8 years of trialling different wipes on them and me and this one comes out on top. No irritants, no stinging and no overly powerful fragrance. In fact for the last 3 years I have used nothing but these. And even though I have my last one out of nappies these wipes will still be in my house for a few years yet. THey are great to keep in the car for most emergencies too. I will however say that when I first used to order them from this seller they were just over £7 for the entire pack of 10 …. now its over £15!! more than double!! Crazy. Not only is it cheaper to order from tesco, js or even asda, but even wait rose and ocado are cheaper. I am sure that if I walked into a petrol station they'd even be cheaper there too. This is pretty ridiculous that the price has shot up so dramatically. I would look around people - no one need to pay this price in this day and age.
on 13 December 2014
I normally use Waterwipes but have also used Johnsons and Pampers, none of which I've had any problems with. Huggies are okay, they are fine for moisture and I didn't have problems with them drying out. They didn't give my son any rashes, but then none of the other brands have either. They do have a slight 'artificial' but not perfumed smell to them, and I am giving them a low rating because they pull apart really easily! If you grip them wrongly (which is easy to do) pulling them out of the packet they seem to come apart like wet loo roll which none of the other brands have done.

See one answered question