Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
The dongle only needs power from the USB socket, you connect to it by following the instructions and finding it just like you would a WiFi router at home or a WiFi Hotspot, so yes, just plug it into the Surface USB socket. Please be aware that you require a mobile phone SIM that you put into the dongle to get Internet - this can be an existing SIM from your phone (but you may need an adapter as this takes "full size" SIMs, not "mini" or "midi" or buy a new dedicated SIM card for it. Be also aware of roaming charges if you are going to a place outside the country where you bought the SIM.
2 Jan 2014 by Justin Fielder
Hi Duncan. It does not require a sim that allows tethering. This is a great device. I insert my sim from my 3 dongle, insert it into my phones 3 pin plug and once it is switched on, my phone, tablet and laptop recognise it as a wifi hotspot. It will ask for a password which is the number located near the sim insertion. You only need toenter this password once for each device and away you go. Hope this helps?
6 Jan 2014 by Mark Jones
I don't know W8 but it should work fine as it conforms to coms standards. It is a router and needs only a power supply. It does not need to be plugged into the computer.
21 May 2014 by ank
Operating frequency(3G) HSPA+/UMTS 2100MHz Operating frequency(2G) EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
8 May 2014 by 4GLte.eu
Yes you do need a data SIM card with it. You can connect it to other device or just to a power source and it would work as a regular home based WiFi router.
5 May 2014 by 4GLte.eu
Wifi 5 May 2014
yes WiFi
5 May 2014 by 4GLte.eu
Yes, it requires a sim. Probably that means a sim you topup monthly. Any wifi enabled device can attach to it, phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
5 May 2014 by Michael Costello
I can't answer for the surface 2 specifically, but it provides a standard secure wifi hotspot when fitted with a 3G sim card with suitable data package, plugged in to any suitable USB power supply and obviously within range of the 3G data transmission. I hope that helps.
10 Apr 2014 by Richard 53
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers