on 14 July 2010
This game has the card games from the 2004 edition - and more. The 2004 edition was a great family title and this version builds on that one (with no significant change in graphics - but they are fine anyway), with the number of solitaire games in particular being increased. So, a great game got better! Also, unlike the 2004 version, this game, once installed, will run straight from the hard drive without the game disc in the drive. And, if you have a widescreen monitor and are wondering whether the game will look ok when stretched to fit the wider ratio - well, the game fills the whole screen (full screen mode) and stretching is not noticeable or off-putting. You can (as before) choose to play the game in a smaller window on your desktop, if you wish.

The games:

Gin
Go Fish
Hearts
Memory match
Miami Solitaire - 55 mini solitaire games themed around a Miami backdrop / story
Old Maid
Pinochle
Pitch
Poker
Rummy 500
Skat (the national card game of Germany, apparently)
Solitaire (45 solitaire games)
Space race
Spades
Spite & Malice (actual name!)
Tarot
Tuxedo
Video Blackjack
Video Poker
Video Texas Hold'em
War
on 2 February 2009
I have been playing Hoyles card games for years...this is an even better one... with Hotel Miami as an extra bonus...if you like card games you will like this
on 13 May 2013
When I installed this game, it started by asking me if I wanted to install unchecked material, I ticked yes.
It then installed Smile before it installed Hoyle.
The Smile messed up my internet by installing Bing which I did not want, so I had to uninstall the whole thing and restore my original internet.
I have not reinstalled Hoyle because I do not know how to avoid this happening again
on 11 January 2010
Very disappointing. I was looking for some simple games to teach my son, such as Whist, if it is there i have not found it. It was very much geared to gambling games with various types of poker and blackjack. Not of any interest to me or my son. As for 150+ games.... they must be hidden in a deep dark corner some where. I did not find it very user friendly as with some of the games you could only close the program and go back in if you wanted to change game.... no return to main menu ! I did have to use mute all the time as the music is very annoying.
I am still looking for good software that offers various whist games.
on 1 August 2011
I bought this set of games as part of a birthday gift and it is GREAT hours of fun and loads of different games. Good value for money.
on 16 December 2014
SO disappointing as I love Hoyle Card Games - had them years ago, got lost in move - & thought it would be good to update. Cannot get it to install - when you do what it says on the instruction sheet, up pops a window titled "Burn a disc", and it asks how you want to use this disc. You have to tick one of two boxes - but obviously none of this is relevant - you don't want to burn the disc. Too late to return it I think, time's been short recently, so.....
on 20 February 2013
arrived within 2 days and loaded up without problem on Windows 8. The music can be truned off to hear the voices. No probelms so far.
on 8 January 2013
Unable to hear the caractures voices due to the high volumne of music blaring all the way through the disc and unable to turn it down. Other copies of earlier editions were not to bad but this one was terrible. My rating is -1000
on 3 October 2011
Hello I have not been able to run the games as my computer keeps saying to load disc.I have been told to log on as administrator, but I can not find how to do this. I have tried by going to run at the start with no luck. when I have had help to load games will let you know. I will say this Amazon service is next to none and would pass it on to anyone who asked. thank glyn rhys jones
on 13 November 2015
I had and loved an older version (version 4) of Hoyles Card games but that would not work with Windows 10. Bought this 2008 version to replace it and it works fine with Windows 10. However I actually prefer the interface of the older version as in some games, such as Canasta, the east/west players cards are laid on the table sideways in the 2008 version and the melds are placed into a grid rather than columns. However these are small points but enough to lose a star. Overall in my opinion this is still the best card game program out there.