Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

4.7 out of 5 stars1,101
Size: 72mmChange

VINE VOICEon 12 May 2010
This is a higher end filter. Fitted to a lens I have not noticed any reduction in lens performance. I now have all my lenses fitted with Hoya UV Pro filters, these add protection to expensive lenses and also help in keeping the main lens clear of dust, hair, water/moister and general bits that try to settle on lenses. If you are paying out for a lens it makes sense as an additional protection. The pro filters have a thin profile and on my lenses do not cause any vignetting.
55 comments121 of 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2010
Quality filter at a great price, less than half what I would have paid at my local dealers
what more can I say, top gear, top value, it doesn't get any better!!
on 14 March 2010
Having recently taken up photography for a hobby I wanted something to protect my lens from accidental fingerprints, water drops or worse.
Initially I just wanted something cheap for this and bought a supposed 'genuine' lesser known filter on ebay - it was total rubbish and was thrown away.
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very shallow - good for ultra-wide lenses.
Unlike the next level up of Hoya filter this one has a screw thread at the front which is important if you still need to use a 'pinch' lens cap that grips the thread.
A good buy.
0Comment97 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2010
A very good UV filter - and reasonably priced on Amazon (let's face it, the best part of £30 for a what looks like a smallish single piece of glass shouldn't be referred to as "cheap").

Very clear with no effect on focussing whatsoever. Has a noticeable impact on (for example) the colour of the sky on clear days, plus it provides that all-important lens protection.

I've been so impressed with the performance that I've now bought the same type of filter (of different sizes) for my other two Canon lenses.

Highly recommended.
0Comment68 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2010
A low profile, top quality filter. If you're buying an expensive lens, this should be your first choice for a UV filter.
on 30 April 2010
Excellent lens. It is a UV filter so nothing special as is there mainly for protection and weather sealing. It does however have a screw thread on both sides which allows me to stack filters so i can use my polariser ( Hoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter ) at the same time. It is generally not advisable to stack filters, but I find it is always handy to have the option to do this and retains my weather sealing at all times
on 28 September 2010
This filter was bought as a protector for my lens, it is excellent for what it was purchased for, it feels a good quality so good that l purchased the same make for my other lenses, it allows me to screw other filters on to it leaving the UV on at all times. I purchased a lens cleaner and cloths recomended by reviewers which was not good for the UV filters leaving them with a hazy film, l was advised by my local camera shop to use a mild washing up detergent and warm water it worked a treet they are now lovely and clean.
0Comment57 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2009
Got this as a lens protector. It's multicoated, low profile and does the job without costing the earth. Works well, and I can see the difference when not using the filter in a really sunny day.
0Comment47 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2010
Excellent buy, superb quality and the lowest price on the net from Amazon.
I use it on a Canon L series lens so I needed top quality, I've not been disappointed.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2010
This filter is good for everyday protection of the lens front element from scratch dust etc. Although, having it will not make any noticeable difference in photograph, I noticed a negligible difference between the expensive digital and cheaper non-digital version. I normally use a digital polariser instead a UV filter all the time. When photographing under low light I take off the polariser and put the UV filter on.