Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Size: 77mmChange
Price:£29.99+ Free shipping

on 7 November 2013
I've given a five-star rating because, first and foremost, the optical quality seems to justify such a rating. Also, the slimline mount seems to be very well engineered: Just the right amount of friction to keep the filter at the chosen angle, but easily rotated as required, with a smooth, 'quality' feel to the movement.

The slim mount is great for use with a wide-angle lens, or when using the polariser in conjunction with a second filter: Less likely to cause vignetting than a standard-thickness rotating holder.

Only been using the filter for a few weeks (bought it to go with a new Nikon DSLR), but first impressions suggest quality and reliability.

No surprises, really, as I've been a Hoya user for many years, but it's nice to see their quality being maintained, and available at such a reasonable price.
on 1 October 2013
Does it just the way it should. Its always in my camera bag ready for use and it works perfectly on my Sigma 10-20 lens.
on 16 May 2013
Pretty good but vignettes on my Canon 17-40mm at 17mm with a Lee Wide angle 100mm filter adapter - OK at 19mm which is that I do - however 1/2 the price of the Sigma - happy overall if I remember to shoot at 19mm :)
on 27 May 2014
Bought this to cut glare when taking photos across water but the most noticeable difference in the pictures is the colour enhancement. Clouds become more evident. We recommend to any serious amateur - professionals will already have one.
on 15 October 2015
I've had one of these before, but gave it back as payment for borrowing the lens it was fitted to. So this is my second version of this filter.
Things to bear in mind: You get the strongest effect at 90 degrees to the sun (just physics). So if it looks like the effect is quite small it's probbaly due to the angle of view in relation to the sun (rather than the filter).

The filter works very well, whilst I wouldn't use it as a permanent feature the filter never leaves my side. This (to me) is the most useful kind of filter you can use for digital photography, every other kind of filter can be done in post processing.
on 30 November 2014
I purchased this slim CPF to replace a standard width Hoya CPF that I had purchased for my Panasonic FZ200 bridge camera which causes vignetting at the corners when using the widest angle setting. This slim version has a very narrow (1.5mm) ring that screws onto the lens which unfortunately also has a slightly smaller diameter that the threaded part it screws into. This makes it extremely fiddly and difficult to remove from the lens. This is not helped by the fact that the ring seems to 'stick' firmly in the fully screwed in position. I have now gone back to using my standard width Hoya CPF which also has a smooth and easy unscrewing action. I do not now use it with the widest angle setting of the camera. I have given it two stars because it might be OK with other cameras.
on 25 April 2014
Build quality is very good works like dream, but for a big name in the filter Field so it should. I would recommend this seller as delivery was very quick. I would definitely buy again if or when needed.
on 3 December 2015
I bought this for a recent holiday. I am disappointed as the photo's are not as sharp as they should be - I do feel that the quality of this particular filter isn't the best. I use an L Series lens, and so in hindsight, I should've ordered the more expensive filter, but thought this would be ok as it is Hoya - Wrong decision! I don't think I'll be using a Circ / Pol filter again.

Buyer beware - buy the ultra thin filter.
on 3 September 2015
As usual, this item arrived on time and well packaged. I bought this to fit my new Canon 18-135mm lens. So far, I have only tried it for taking a picture of our water lily tub on a sunny day and it did the job, enabling me to see beneath the water surface.
on 12 January 2015
This is the second Hoya Polarizing Filter -last one different size they do exactly what they are made to do if used as should be your landscape photo's will come out brilliant- well packaged and arrived on time-slim design and fits perfectly.

See one answered question