Experience Lucky's passion for teaching Mandarin Chinese to students around the world through her comprehensive and professionally produced online video series to help you build fluency in record time!
A fantastic book for both beginners and advanced students!
- Step by step learning process with each chapter building onto the next
- Multiple in-chapter exercises to reinforce new learnings along with real-life conversation dialogs
- Pinyin and Simplified Chinese characters throughout
- In-book Chinese <---> English mini-dictionaries
- Comprehensive video series tie-ins to help with your pronunciation and fluency
- Chinese history and modern cultural notes
- Over 170 photographs taken across China!
This book is specifically written from the perspective of a new learner. This means it uses extensive testing, imagery and practical conversations to help you become familiar with Mandarin Chinese in an intensive manner. There are also plenty of bonus materials to help you gain cultural insights, further helping you to understand the way Chinese citizens think.
The goal of this book, written by both Lucky and Jon, is to help you gain a deep, intensive understanding of this amazing language that has remained mostly unchanged for thousands of years.
This book is only the beginning, though--there is also an extensive library of videos to take things even further. This is not yet another "Learn Mandarin Chinese in x days" kind of book; this is part of a full multimedia experience that you will want to keep even after you become completely fluent! This is why we have also included the Chinese Simplified characters, not just the Pinyin you typically see in a book of this kind. If your goal is to learn the Chinese characters at a later date, this book will help you tremendously!
Although nothing replaces physically going to China for a vacation and experiencing Chinese culture firsthand, hopefully these photographs will give you a taste of what is there waiting for you to explore it.