Customer Discussions > Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) forum

How far can you get on Horde?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Nov 2008 11:51:47 GMT
M. Cross says:
I'm sure some of you will agree with me when I say that I beleive that possibly the best bit on GOW2 is Horde. It is so brilliantly addictive that I just cannot stop playing it. Trouble is, I got stuck on wave 10 (hardcore difficulty) playing with one other mate, and now we are struggling on wave 15 with three of us in total!! Is that really crap or does anyone else find it just as hard?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2008 13:30:50 GMT
J. Simpson says:
I agree I am totally addicted to Horde too and have managed to get to wave 15 with 4 other people playing on public xbox live but then it just goes mental and we all died but its still good fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2008 18:04:00 GMT
I can only get to Wave 8, but I've only ever played with noobs who make remarks such as "ahh, so A makes you stick to stuff", "his gun has a spiky bit" and "where's the Needler?". God help me. I want to reach Wave 50, its just so damn difficult with people like this

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 10:01:59 GMT
M. Cross says:
You definately need some decent guys with you, we are on wave 19 now with no light at the end of the tunnel. To get anywhere near wave 50 you will need 4 other guys who know what they are doing. PS: Maulers have become the most annoying enemies in existence. Trying to kill them is harder than trying to shoot the willy off a mosquito.

What map are you guys using, we are doing it on the river map and just holding up in the houses? Is there a better map?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 13:30:47 GMT
I have finished Horde it was effing hard i tell you ! Had 4 for my mates and me ... its all about teamwork and sticking together! got the achivement gamertag is ROSSWA have a look

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2008 15:17:05 GMT
M. Cross says:
On what difficulty setting did you finish it?! And fair play to you, that must have taken some time.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 14:27:50 GMT
Finished Horde on Hardcore difficulty, not that hard if your playing with people who played the first gears! I played with 4 mates, and we would always play ranked games together, and trust me, teamwork is the name...if you go off on your own, your screwed...I also did it on River, before every game or when there were only 1-2 locust left, we would restock on ammo and power weapons, placing shields in the walkway to the houses, fragging all around the house and sandbags....we would kill all!"!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2008 08:54:43 GMT
M. Cross says:
Yeah we are trying to do it on river too. Problem is we keep getting caught out by the Bloodmounts, and once we've died, we loose our shields. If you plant the shields, do they stay oput for the naxt level or do you actually have to be holding them in order to keep the for the new wave? Good shout about the restock before killing the final guys off. We tend to get a bit carried away towards the end and just try and nail that final kill.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2008 01:28:06 GMT
if you want to get the 50 waves of horde achievement just set the difficulty to casual...on casual waves 1-30 are easy but once you start playing 31-50 its hard and you need at least 4 players...you dont get an achievement for doing it on a certain dificulty so do it on casual and then increase the dificulty for fun after! what i did ;) best level for it is Security!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2008 11:18:48 GMT
hi, i dont suppose any of you can help me, but i am having major problems with connecting to multiplayer games. it either wont match me with anyone, or when i am connected to a group, it then boots me from the game, saying that the connection has been lost. Is it perhaps something to do with my router??if so any ideas how i can fix this problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 01:44:45 GMT
A. Burton says:
Multiplayer is a bit broken, it's not your router. Getting games is difficult, hopefully it will get better soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 22:08:26 GMT
Well if you die, then yeah you will loose all your weapons etc...if you all survive or at least one does, then the shields will stay there, at least they didnt disappear with me! If you need a hand doing this i dont mind kicking some locust ass! Horde is probably the best part of the game and i enjoy playing it...my gamertag is Corbsy.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 22:14:29 GMT
well it depends, are you able to play online with other games? The thing with Gears 2 is that most of the players are based in USA, like with Halo and CoD4, the matchmaking pairs you with people closer to you, if you live in the UK, you would play with people from the UK however, with Gears 2, you will automatically play with people who are available...usually americans. That is the only main issue with Gears online that affects almost everyone! In Europe that is!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2009 14:30:54 BDT
Gez says:
Dunno if you still have the issue, but go into xbox network settings and check the connection. I had problems and found out my router was restricting certain ports (Xbox reports problems with NAT). I have opened the xbox ports for the xbox by setting a static IP and creating rules within the router. Worked a treat! It's pretty specific to your kit, so check your manufacturers site for port opening or port forwarding. Also check out the xbox site and search for networking. There is some hints on there.

Posted on 25 May 2009 23:30:16 BDT
Andrew says:
Done all of the Hordes :) Did on the the security stage where you camp at the end with the minigun and cannon keeps respawning. It wasn't easy, but on that stage it wasn't too bad. Took us a good 3 or 4 hours mind.

Posted on 2 Jun 2009 20:09:30 BDT
Finished it on normal with 1 friend, just go to either of the pistol spawns in gridlock (flashback map) and when the first mauler (guy with a shield and mace) comes take his shield and put it down in the only entrance, as long as you dont get fragged and are careful to kill the drones who can kick it down its very easy, none of the boomers can get through!

Posted on 1 Aug 2009 10:10:15 BDT
GeeJayBee says:
I dont have live, but have completed all 50 waves locally solo on casual difficulty using the Day One Map. Its the only one that gives you enough cover to survive the no of enemies even on casual.

Posted on 4 Aug 2009 13:42:05 BDT
I've got to level 40 with a mate and two randomers. It got hectic to say the least. And then the two randomers quit.

Me and my mate tried to fight on, but got killed very quickly.

Posted on 9 Aug 2009 14:46:47 BDT
@ GeeJayBee

How did you do it without running out of ammo? There is a place just above the Arcade in Day One where you can hide and not get shot at/approached from all angles - but ammo quickly runs out and the Torque Bow/Sniper is always just out of place, where the big guys (the one with the shield) come in to get you.

Posted on 4 Dec 2009 20:40:57 GMT
37 for me on normal. havent played it since last xmas tho!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  11 Nov 2008
Latest post:  4 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (209)