- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2 edition (10 Oct. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3540300678
- ISBN-13: 978-3540300670
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1.1 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 534,410 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
How does MRI work?: An Introduction to the Physics and Function of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Paperback – 10 Oct 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
From the reviews:
Radiology 2008: "... The book is well organized, with a linear and logical sequence. The chapters progress from basic to more complex concepts, and subsequent chapters build well on their predecessors. ... The authors employ clear and concise language, and explanations of even the most difficult concepts were quite adequate. ... The authors are concise yet thorough in their discussion of MR, as well as the many procedures and sequences for producing MR images. This book is reasonably priced and provides a good framework for further study into this complex topic." (Brian Suddarth, MD, Radiology: Volume 246: Number 3, March 2008)
Surgical and Radiological Anatomy Vol. 26, Issue 3, 2004: ..the authors describe in English in the plainest fashion, and within hardly more than 100 pages, the theroretical and technical bases of magnetic resonance imaging. ...the book should be warmly recommended to anyone after thry have become accustomed to MRI. In such circumstances this is a very comprehensive handbook, particularly useful as a reminder of the concepts of MRI.... a valuable technical handbook...
"This volume is the first translation into English of the German edition … . it is a text for those who wish to familiarize themselves with the workings of magnetic resonance imaging. … has a lucid yet not oversimplified text and extremely informative, high-quality images. The very useful glossary completes the book. … the book is easy to carry around in a bag or brief case, and you will soon find yourself reading it whenever you have time. An excellent publication!" (E. K. J. Pauwels, European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Vol. 32 (3), March, 2005)
From the reviews of the second edition:
"The book presents short, bite-sized chapters of MR information that can be easily digested. … This book would suit part 1 trainees undertaking an MRI placement, or students wanting to cover the basics of MR. … Similarly, this book would also be well suited to radiologists doing their training or radiographers … . As an introduction to MRI this book meets its aim, and it does it very well too. … a worthwhile purchase for anyone wishing to gain a good grounding in MRI." (John McLean, SCOPE, June, 2007)
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I was not given the opportunity to read the English version of chapter 11 on Cardiovascular Imaging before publication of the English version of the book.
Unfortunately, the first press of the English version of chapter 11 on Cardiovascular Imaging, published under my name, contains a multitude of statements that I do not agree with. I believe these statements to deviate from the original German version or to even outright contradict the original German version. I encourage readers to carefully double check critical assertions made in chapter 11 on Cardiovascular Imaging. I consider the responsibility for errors introduced into chapter 11 of the first press of the English version in the process of translation from German to English to lie with the publisher.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Radiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > States of Matter
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics