Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jun 2009 21:12:33 BDT
will says:
I have long been interested in watching this but never gotten around to it.

So I've decided to dive in at the deep end and pre-order this monster.

So having seen NONE (nope not even one second) of this series, my question is - is this complete? Or will there be other bits I have to buy, like the Razor film?

And for the love of god, NO SPOILERS! I don't want to know WHAT I'm missing, just if I am!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2009 07:34:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Jun 2009 07:34:44 BDT
S. Hardegger says:
This set has:
The introducing Mini-Series (Pilot)
All 4 Seasons
The Additional Full-Length Movie "Razor"
A Couple of Webisodes (3-5 minute episodes, released on the internet) connecting season 2 and 3
Tons of bonus, commentary, quizes etc.

Not Included:
Webisodes, set in the middle of season 4
The Additional Full-Length Movie "The Plan", which will be released later this year.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2009 13:24:57 BDT
Jan Lyhne says:
Hi....
Will the american edition have more included in the box-set??
some say it will be nearly complete...

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2009 13:00:40 BDT
The UK contents should be the same as the US version.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2009 01:27:55 BDT
I. Sidhu says:
It won't be, the US version gets Extended episodes of "Unfinished Business" from Season 3 which we didn't get, and on the FINAL SEASON dvd we got the extended Disquiet Follows my Soul, but the US version gets Disquiet, Islanded in a Stream of Stars and Daybreak all extended.

Posted on 3 Aug 2009 19:07:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Aug 2009 19:08:03 BDT
China Blade says:
As this set appears to include the webisodes 'The Resistance', but not 'The Face of the Enemy' - and the movie 'Razor' but not 'The Plan' - then I would call this 'Battlestar Galactica: The Incomplete Series' and wait to see if a truly complete series is released in the future. If the US version (as usual) trumps the UK version then I will (as usual) be exporting my hard-earned cash. None of which takes away from the fact that this is one of the greatest TV dramas ever made and will stand up easily to multiple viewings.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2009 18:06:47 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 4 Aug 2009 18:08:06 BDT]

Posted on 4 Aug 2009 18:11:03 BDT
T. Niehoff says:
@ I. Sidhu
DISC TWELVE - Season Three Part Three
Unfinished Business Unaired, Extended Cut (69 minutes/1080p)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2009 15:12:51 BDT
Mr Wednesday says:
TV Movies & webisodes/minosodes/whateversodes are not part of a Series.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Aug 2009 20:02:23 BDT
Ivan Daems says:
In my opinion BSG is so good I think there are many people that want the "complete" BSG deal including everything that was ever shown on whatever platform, be it a TV episode, a feature film, a mini-series or a webisode. I first enjoyed seeing how this would include all 4 (or 4.5) seasons, Razor and the opening miniseries. But now that I dig a bit deeper in it, it seems the UK and US versions have different extended episodes plus there will already be a final miniseries called "The Plan" that will be released later this year. I mean a few months after this "complete" series is sold, it will already be incomplete...

I really hate studios, I thought with BSG they finally had it right.

Guess early 2010 I will have a nice fat BSG BD box on my shelve with a tini extra BSG:The Plan amaray case next to it. And the amaray case will laugh all day long at the fat "complete series" case about how complete it really is.

Posted on 11 Aug 2009 16:22:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Aug 2009 23:21:03 BDT
Mr Wednesday says:
Anton van beek from homecinemachoice reviewed the first 14 discs of the uk edition, and the content of those is exactly the same as the us box, So your theory about different extended episodes will probably be proven wrong except if someone said "let's give the uk the same first fourteen disc but for the last six, let's go wild."

As for the Plan, Edward James Olmos who directed it already said it will not be the last bsg movie.

EDIT: AVB review as been updated & the uk box content is also the same for the last 6 discs

Posted on 20 Sep 2009 12:54:15 BDT
Tom Abell says:
"let's go wild" is something that Universal regularly does when it comes to US and UK DVD releases. For example, BSG Season two, the first two disks of the UK release are contain the same bonus material as the US release, the other four do not.
Astoundingly studios will often not include bonus material on UK releases because of the cost of putting it through the UK censor. Although when you look at the sales figures for the various BSG releases the additional cost of additional censorship fees is minute in comparison to the revenue generated by the sales of the disks.

So for many UK BSG fans it really is important to know what has been left out, and reading though the list provided by Home Cinema Choice is not quite the same as list that I have read regarding the US release.

The webisodes and TV movies are part of the series, they form part of the overall narrative and often give insights into character motivation or fill in background detail that would otherwise not be seen - for example The Plan which is a TV movie, apparently wraps up several plot loose ends that were not resolved by the end of the run. And in the coming years we will see the lines between on-line content and TV content blur considerably. The BBC acquisition contracts now deal as much with on-line rights as they do with Television rights and it is clear that they expect it to be one and the same within a very short period of time.

There is going to be a BSG movie, but from what I've read it doesn't appear to be based on the Ronald D. Moore vision.

Posted on 20 Sep 2009 13:17:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Sep 2009 18:28:33 BDT
Mr Wednesday says:
So, what's different between the list from HCC & what you read regarding the US release? because I've read reviews from both & they both list the same bonus material. I wanted to order the UK boxset, but I really don't want to get screwed on the content.

Maybe they tend to go wild regarding DVDs, but with Blu-ray most of their release are equivalent.

Posted on 21 Sep 2009 10:59:33 BDT
Tom Abell says:
Mr Wednesday (or is that Odin)I totally agree with you, I also really want to get the complete set - so to speak, without looking back at the lists again, the omission that comes straight to mind are the webisodes from season 4, and then there were one or two extended episodes that were not on the UK list. But its a while since I've looked at them.

The fact that home cinema choice also got the first 14 preview disks and then the remaining 6 sometime later is also worrying. The US version has been out for some time, if Universal were not making changes to the disks there is no reason for there to be any delay.

I really want the UK disks to be the same as the US release, as I would much prefer to buy the tin box rather than the cardboard box and if I believed it was the same I would have pre-ordered it and had it delivered this morning!

And the most ridiculous question is, why couldn't Universal just tell everybody what was in the UK box?

Posted on 21 Sep 2009 13:43:08 BDT
G. Meakings says:
Just got my copy of the DVD boxset and it has no special features at all except for a few deleted scenes. Can't find The Resistance webisodes, commentries, etc. Doesn't appear to have the extended episodes either..

Not impressed!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2009 16:29:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2009 17:38:39 BDT
Mr Wednesday says:
Yeah Tom, I'm in the same position as you, I'd rather go for the tin box.
I just compared again with a review from the US set, and all the extended eps are supposedly here (the webisodes from season 4, face of the enemy, are not the US version either, apparently due to licensing problem), but i'd really like to have some confirmation that the extras are the same as the US box before ordering it.

@G. Meakings: I believe this forum is for the Blu-Ray release, not the DVD one :)

Posted on 21 Sep 2009 18:28:12 BDT
Ralph BDH says:
Thanks Mr. Wednesday, if I get the chance to pop into an HMV tomorrow I'll take a look.

Posted on 21 Sep 2009 20:08:42 BDT
muki says:
Can anybody tell me what the quality of the blu-ray is like. Is it a good transfer - is the picture full 1080p? What about the sound? I'm interested in buying the product but not if the quality is barely an improvement on the DVDs. I've heard horror stories about HD DVD release of Series 1 so I really want to know how this series fares on blu-ray. Thanks.

Posted on 21 Sep 2009 22:04:06 BDT
Mr Wednesday says:
What you have to realize is that with the exception of the miniseries, BSG was shot in HD. They added artificial grain to give the show a realistic and gritty look. So that may well be the origin or the horror stories. Most people think grain = bad transfer. They are wrong. Other people think they added way too much grain, especially in the dark scenes. This is the showrunners' choice, it all comes to "can you handle that choice". I've seen some episodes in HD, and there is definitely an improvement over the DVDs. Plus the Blu-ray edition benefits from a DTS HD-MA soundtrack.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 15:07:05 BDT
Tom Abell says:
I dropped by HMV at Oxford Circus this morning, firstly the tin doesn't look as great as it does online, but it's much biger than I had expected.

HMV have put an additional wire tag around the boxes that can only be opened at the till, I'm guessing they're already had peolpe opening them to see if it is complete or not. I think I'll just buy one from Amazon and then if it isn't complete I'll send it back.

I'll let you know - although if someone else reading this has the UK BSG tin it would be good to know if it really is what we've all been waiting for.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 17:47:53 BDT
Ralph BDH says:
I went to HMV at Bond St at lunch and almost bought it for 99.99! Fortunately as i got to the till I realised I'd picked up the DVD version...

Same thing with wires round the BD box.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2009 17:56:30 BDT
O. Thomas says:
I got the bluray boxset today. The packaging is so-so. Not all that great but I've seen worse. As you probably know you get the mini series, season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 'The Final Season' plus Razor (extended and broadcast) and the resistance webisodes. But to clarify the extended episodes are - Pegasus, Unfinished Business, A Disquiet Follows My Soul, Islanded In A Stream of Stars & Daybreak. You also get too many extras for me to list + the minisodes linked to Razor (most of which appear in the actual extended version anyway). You don't get The Plan or The Face Of The Enemy Webisodes. Hope this clears things up.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2009 11:04:01 BDT
M. Brennicke says:
@ O. Thomas
thanks for that, that makes it clear now what is included, here the list again of all features:
Limited Edition Tin; 36 Page Standard BSG Book
U-control features
PIP features
BD Live features
Audio Commentaries
PIP Behind the Miniseries Part 1
PIP Behind the Miniseries Part 2
Ronald D. Moore Intro
Behind The Scenes Featurettes (From Miniseries to Series; Change Is Good, Now They're Babes; The Cylon Centurion; Future/Past Technology; The Doctor Is Out Of His Mind; Production; Visual Effects; Epilogue
Deleted Scenes: Mini Series
Sketches And Art: Photo Presentation
Deleted Scenes 33
Deleted Scenes Water
Deleted Scenes Act Of Contrition
Deleted Scenes You Can't Go Home Again
Deleted Scenes Play All; Litmus; Six Degrees Of Separation; Flesh and Bone; Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down; The Hand Of God
Deleted Scenes: Colonial Day
Deleted Scenes: Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 1
Deleted Scenes Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2
Are You A Cylon Personality Quiz: multi choice personality quiz with randomly generated sequences of question
Deleted Scenes: Scattered
Deleted Scenes: Valley of Darkness
Deleted Scenes: Fragged
Deleted Scenes: Resistance
Deleted Scenes: The Farm
Deleted Scenes: Home Part 1
Deleted Scenes: Home Part 2
Deleted Scenes: Final Cut
Deleted Scenes: Flight of The Pheonix
Sizzle Reel: Sneak Peek at Episode 11
Pegasus Extended Episode
Deleted Scenes: Black Market
Deleted Scenes: Scar
Deleted Scenes: Sacrifice
Deleted Scenes: The Captain's Hand
Battlestar Galactica Career Assignment Quiz
Deleted Scenes: Downloaded
Deleted Scenes:Lay Down Your Burdens Part 1
Deleted Scenes: Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2
RND Logo's
David Eicks Video Blogs
Deleted Scenes (Occupation; Precipice; Exodus, Part 2; Collaborators
Deleted Scenes: Torn; A Measure Of Salvation; Hero
Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance Webisodes
David Eick's Video Blogs: Testimonials; Who Dies?; Prosethetics; Lucy and David; Introducing Bulldog
Unfinished Business: Unaired, Extended Cut
Deleted Scenes: The Passage; The Eye Of Jupiter; Rapture
David Eick's Video Blogs: Characters; Adama On Adama; Episode 6 Read Through; On The Road; Steve Mcnuff Gets A Video Blog; The Soldier's Code: Leave No Man Behind
Deleted Scenes: Taking A Break from All Your Worries; The Woman King; A Day in the Life; Dirty Hands; Maelstrom
Deleted Scenes: The Son Also Rises; Crossroads Part 1; Crossroads Part 2
Colonial Military Assessment Quiz
Colonial Military Assessment Quiz Deleted Scenes
David Eick's Video Blogs: Takin' A Break Form All Your Worries; On The Road: Part 2; Some Guy Named Colin; Building A Better Show; Katee's Scrapbook; Shooting; Mr Eddie If You Please; Oceans in the Desert; David Who?; Out Of Control; Last Episode Blues
Razor Broadcast Edition
Battlestar Razor Bonus: Deleted Scenes
The Look of Battlestar Galactica
My Favorite Episodes so Far
Season 4 Sneak Peek
Season 4 Trailer
Battlestar Razor bonus: Minisodes x7
Battlestar Galactica Card Game
He That Believeth In Me Deleted Scenes
Six Of One Deleted Scenes
Six Of One Deleted Scenes
The Ties That Bind Deleted Scenes
Escape Velocity Deleted Scenes
The Road Less Traveled Deleted Scenes
David Eick's Video Blogs
Faith Deleted Scenes
Guess What's Coming To Dinner? Deleted Scenes
Guess What's Coming To Dinner? Deleted Scenes
Sine Qua Non Deleted Scenes
The Hub Deleted Scenes
The Hub Deleted Scenes
Revelations Deleted Scenes
Revelations Deleted Scenes
The Journey
Cylons: The Twelve
Season 4.5 The Untold Story: Untold
The Music of Battlestar Galactica
Caprica Sneak Peek
A Disquiet Follows My Soul: Unrated Extended Edition
Deleted Scenes: Sometimes A Great Notion
Deleted Scenes: The Oath
Deleted Scenes: Blood on the Scales
The Journey Ends: The Arrival
Evolution Of A Cue
What The Frak Is Going On With Battlestar Galactica?
Islanded in a Stream of Stars: Unrated Extended Edition
Deleted Scenes: No Exit
Deleted Scenes: Deadlock
Deleted Scenes: Someone To Watch Over Me
David Eick's Video Blogs
Daybreak: Unrated Home Video Extended Edition
Deleted Scenes
The Musicians Behind Daybreak
A Look Back: Cast & Crew Take A Look Back at the last 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica
And They Have A Plan

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 13:01:18 BDT
Absolute says:
Could you precise if there is french subtitles in this huge sci-fi box ?

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 15:27:40 BDT
S. Taylor says:
ok, but why does the official site for this blu-ray only say there are 2 extended episodes?
http://www.universal-playback.com/articles/pre-order-the-battlestar-galactica-complete-series-box-set-now-and-save-%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3

i picked it up in HMV yesterday to have a look and even on the packaging it says 2 extended episodes..?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa3948cc0)

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  22 Jun 2009
Latest post:  26 Sep 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series - Ultimate Edition [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series - Ultimate Edition [DVD] by Edward James Olmos (DVD - 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (407)