Full Synopsis of How the Stock Market Really Works
"Modern and thorough, it will answer all the questions that investors (experienced or otherwise) might have."
Securities & Investment Review
"A really well organised and illuminating book and on top of that, a thoroughly enjoyable read."
Sir Anthony Jay, founder of Video Arts Plc and author of Management and Machiavelli, Corporation Man and Yes Minister
"Buy a copy of How the Stock Market Really Works by Leo Gough. It neatly demolishes any pretensions City professionals might claim in adding value."
Scotland on Sunday
Whether you are new to investing or already have a share portfolio, this intelligent urban warriors handbook will guide you safely through the often puzzling world of investing and will provide you with the strategies to compete to win.
Given the fact that the majority of fund managers underperform the indices, it may be possible for intelligent private investors to do as well, or better, on their own by using winning guerilla tactics. Private investors can make huge gains over the long term as long as they maximize their advantages.
How the Stock Market Really Works covers:
* the basic mechanics of the markets
* how shares, bonds and derivatives work
* tax considerations
* why market volatility is nothing to be scared of
* how to sift through the wealth of investment advice available.
* what goes on in the stock market and who gets rich
* an overview of all the major financial instruments and how they can work for you
* how to deal in the markets yourself and avoid the pitfalls
* investment theories and strategies
* how to interpret financial advice and read the financial press
* stories of some of the biggest investment scandals.
This third edition has been updated and expanded, to include additional coverage of new topics such as ISAs and index tracking as well as a complete new chapter on online trading.
How the Stock Market Really Works will provide you with a solid grounding in the dynamics of the market and provide you with the guerilla tactics for creating real wealth.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.