on 13 February 2004
This is a well-written book where the concepts are understandable and the instructions easy to follow. The exercises were easy to memorise and I found myself doing them whenever I had a free moment. While it was not too difficult to begin seeing the aura, seeing it in colour took some time but was well worth the effort - I had an amazing spine-tingly moment when I was finally able to see my aura for the first time in colour.
The book has a chapter on what the different aura colours mean and while this chapter is an excellent starting point, it needs to be supplemented by other books so that you get a full colour knowledge before you go around diagnosing people.
It's definitely a book that you will go back to time amd time again.
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2007
Ted Andrews has done it again! He is the master in the "how to" of books in this genre. Seeing the colors takes time and patience and I confess I do not see colors but I do see the energy field around people which is just another way of saying aura. Ted Andrews has the ability to make all of his works sound easy, and seeing and feeling the aura is no different. The most important gift you have is yourself. Trust your instincts about people, rooms etc. I have found these skills invaluable as a solitary traveller where I pay close attention to people and places as I tour wherever I am. The question "Is this place, event, person safe to be with" always gives an answer.The next part is trusting that answer. Reading the aura goes hand in glove with intuition and the two used together is an awesome combination. Have fun with this book but please remember that people are entitled to their privacy so treat this skill with respect and honor those who you "practice on". You are starting to realise just how powerful you really are.
on 11 January 2002
HOW TO SEE AND READ THE AURA IS AN INCREDIBLY INTERESTING BOOK! THE MANNER IN WHICH TED ANDREWS WRITES IS VERY CLEAR, AND NOT BORING OR FORMAL- HE RELATES THE DIFFERENT SUBJECTS TO THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED IN YOUR DAILY LIFE, USING PLAIN LANGUAGE TO DESCRIBE THEM. BEING NEW TO THIS SUBJECT, IT TOOK ME A FEW READINGS TO GRASP SOME OF THE CONCEPTS- HOWEVER IT WAS SO INTERESTING I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER READING IT I ORDERED TWO MORE OF HIS TITLES! HE ALSO INCLUDES LOTS OF DIFFERENT EXERCISES THAT YOU CAN TRY AT YOUR OWN PACE- I'VE TRIED A FEW AND WITH A LITTLE EFFORT, THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES! AN EXCELLENT BOOK, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A COPY!
0Comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2009
I love this book. It is packed with practical exercises, knowledge and guidance on auras, how they differ, what affects them, how they can appear and the various layers of energy surrounding us. Definitely worth reading, easy to comprehend, and exercises are basic enough for anyone to undertake. Highly recommend this book.
on 8 November 2009
This is great, easy to read and digest book. It slowly builds you up to fine tune into your abilities or you can select a cgapter to start at.
There are excellent exercises for you to practice and review.
on 12 January 2013
I was presented with this book as a Yuletide gift by Brenda, the psychic friend of our chums Tom and Carol di Montesori. Having little else to do over the festive period, I read it. Mr Andrews is indeed a talented and wise writer, as all the five star reviews so eloquently attest, but my study of his guide did lead to some unpleasantness. Shortly after the holiday, I found myself waiting in the Post Office. In order to pass the time, I concentrated upon trying to visualise the aura of the rather burly chap standing next to me in the queue. Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, he ejaculated,
"What you staring at?"
Poor chap was obviously confused, referring to me as a "keen banker". I pointed out, as gently as I could, that I was not employed in any financial enterprise and that I was merely trying to ascertain the colour of his aura. Well, that did it. There followed a most unpleasant altercation during which, clearly having little understanding of metaphysics, he threatened to insert a Post Office biro into my own aura. Fortunately, a cashier became available and my new acquaintance slouched off, still making embarrassingly audible references to my paternity and onanistic habits. The absence of a health warning means that I can only give this otherwise excellent book four stars
on 5 September 2008
After reading various spiritual books, Spiritualism and Clairvoyance for Beginners: Simple Techniques to Develop and Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide for example i know i am not a book buff but this book just don't cut it for me so i would say it is dreadful, not to say you would not like it, there are better books to read before this. You will not learn anything if you have read any spiritual or healing books, i hope this will help you. Leave How to See and Read the Aura till the last book if you know what i mean, come back later
on 24 May 2012
I enjoy Ted Andrews books and this doesn,t disappoint.It teaches you simple eye exercises to practise daily and they DO work.As usual,he covers the subject quite adequately and gives the overall basics.I particularly like the techniques to strengthen your own aura.He also shows how to construct dowsing rods (and use them) and how to use a pendulum.The bibliography at the end points you to some other books on this and other related subjects.Recommended as a good beginners book with some excellent exercises.
on 17 March 2013
Great starter book lots of tips and information and help. Easy to read and follow. Good for newbies and those just wanting general info
on 9 October 2014
ted andrews was an amazing teacher. This book is clear and practical.
nothing too complicated.