From the Back Cover
The time is always right to invest in gold, but today's economy has made this precious metal an ever more essential element in a properly allocated portfolio, as well as a particularly good commodity for long trading. Product manager for precious metals at Barclays Capital, Jonathan Spall provides a comprehensive overview of the subject and answers all the questions pertaining to investing in gold, including:
- Who are the major market makers?
- How and where is gold traded?
- Why are central banks committed holders of gold?
- How is interest on gold calculated?
- Which factors most affect price fl uctuations?
- How does the gold option market work?
- Should you invest in physical gold, ETFs, futures, or mining shares?
You'll also learn all the terminology regarding gold trading, plus you'll get key information about the gold exchanges around the globe. With How to Profit in Gold, you will be on solid ground to correctly interpret the market and make the best investment decisions for your situation.
About the Author
has worked for Barclays Capital for six years. As the product manager for precious metals, he is responsible for commodity relationships with central banks and governments on a global basis. He spent ten years at Deutsche Bank, most recently as a London-based director with responsibility for offi cial sector marketing(commodities) and head of metals marketing (Europe/Africa). Spall earlier worked for Deutsche Bank in Hong Kong and Australia as head of metals.