From the Back Cover
Organised by leaf-type, 'How to Identify Trees' features original illustrations of trees commonly found in parks, gardens and woodland, and is designed to help even those with the most rudimentary knowledge identify different species with confidence.
• Habitat and uses of the tree are described and illustrated
• Tree outlines in summer and winter measurements
• Cultivars, related and confusable species are shown; additional illustrations indicate how they differ from the main species
• Calendar bar shows the months the tree is in leaf flower and fruit
• Main illustration provides close-up view of leaves, flowers and fruit
• Key features of the main species are described in detail
About the Author
After gaining his doctorate by growing grass on coal tips, Patrick Harding enjoyed over 25 years as a university lecturer. He now runs numerous courses and works with the BBC on programmes about herbal medicine, wild flowers, mushrooms, and trees. Patrick is the author of ‘Gem Mushrooms’ and ‘How to ID Edible Mushrooms’, and has had years of experience, lecturing and leading groups on fungal forays. He was recently filmed with Richard and Judy for a BBC 2 series.