on 4 January 2010
I bought this book for my husband but I have read it myself as well. This is a very easy to read book, informative and amusing and I picked up a few tips myself. This book would help even the most helpless (or hopeless) man around the house. Some of the information should sink into their brains and as its written by a man they might listen a bit more.
on 20 August 2010
I bought 3 copies of this book last Christmas for my 3 sons but ended up keeping one for myself. I didn't read it through at first, just snippets here & there, and oh! how I laughed! It was embarrassing laughing out loud so much, but what a tonic! I've just read for the umpteenth time the 'shopping in the supermarket' piece and I have a tummy ache thro' laughing so much. The bit about socks is pretty brilliant too. By the way, it also happens to be full of useful household hints even for me a "housewife" of far too many years. Oh Dear Andrew Martin, please write another funny book ASAP. Thank you for this one anyway!
on 7 February 2010
How to Get Things Really Flat: A Man's Guide to Ironing, Dusting and Other Household Arts Would highly recommend this for the man who's mum has done everything. A blessing for a lot of you ladies out there.
on 14 February 2011
This is one of the funniest books I've read about a supposedly boring subject of housework. His description of the chaos left by his son and friend when making a sandwhich was hilarious, and so believable.

Terrific!