You'll learn really simple techniques to make sure your new deck looks great with the rest of your garden, whether your garden is established or a completely blank canvas. These low cost solutions are highly effective and will help give your garden the 'WOW' factor. The book also includes landscaping design ideas for your entire garden, so you can improve more than just your deck.
The book is perfect for complete beginners and covers how to:
• avoid the most common deck design mistakes
• choose the best location for your deck (it's not always right next to the house)
• plot your deck and garden onto paper (vital to get right when it comes to constructing your deck)
• properly plan your deck to get the right size, shape, and style of deck to suit your home.
• make the deck area look and feel longer or wider with some cunning design tricks
• design a deck that works well with the whole garden as well as your home
• effectively tackle changes in level in a safe and visually pleasing way
• design a beautiful garden on a budget
• make the most of the available space using simple design tricks
• successfully incorporate built in planters, seating and lighting
• choose the right building materials from sustainable sources
• double check you've got everything right before your deck is built
• choose the right professional to construct your deck
A little bit of time spent planning your deck is a very valuable investment. It takes as much time and money to build a poorly or non-planned deck as it does a well designed deck. The visual difference, though, is enormous. The book's main focus is on design and how to make your whole garden look great. It does include some basic construction information but this is not meant to be a DIY guide on deck building.
You don't need to be a great artist to design a great looking garden. The design tricks and techniques you'll learn in this book are simple yet highly effective.
About the Author
Rachel Mathews has been a garden designer for 20 years. She has designed hundreds of beautiful gardens in the UK. She has also designed gardens across the USA, Australia, Malaysia and Spain. As well as designing, Rachel now teaches garden design and has written a series of ‘how to’ garden design books and online courses. She teaches a very simple method that enables anyone to create a stunning garden at Successful Garden Design.